The Student Room Group

Physics Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TenaciousMonkey

I've had the email and they;ve invited me on the 2nd/9th/16th of February but I don't want to pick a day until I know which college my offer will come from because I want to visit the college... :/

ah right - that isn't really a problem for me as I only live about half an hour away from durham! which college did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by Kristina_Lucy
ah right - that isn't really a problem for me as I only live about half an hour away from durham! which college did you apply for? :smile:

Josephine Butler, you? :smile:

Josephine Butler, you? :smile:

University :smile:
Original post by Kristina_Lucy
University :smile:

Cool, that was on my final few before I chose one! :P
Original post by jhtachyons
I just got an offer from Exeter (after having a twitter convo with the uni which freaked me out a bit) but it's ABB with the A in any of my 3 subjects I AM SO HAPPPPPPPYYYYYYY

when was your interview? :frown: im getting worried now!
Reply 1185
bbb (with a b in epq) offer from newcastle for medicinal chemmmm
Reply 1186
Original post by Messara2
bbb (with a b in epq) offer from newcastle for medicinal chemmmm

Uhh?...
Original post by Wrathmeister
when was your interview? :frown: im getting worried now!

Errrrm the 15th December. Because i have special circumstances due to my AS grades (even though I'm predicted AAB for A2) they said that they might not get back to me until after the Jan 15th deadline because they can only give out a certain number of offers below the standard offer. I got a letter at the beginning of Jan saying thanks for attending and the admissions tutor had handwritten at the bottom that my interviewer was v impressed and they hoped to see me in October but they didn't send the offer through for like a week after I don't think. When was your interview??
Offer from Hull :biggrin:, not gona go there, but bless them for all the effort they put in :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
recieved an invitation for open day from sheffield plus intention of an offer, anyone else here who recieved the letter recently?
Original post by internet tough guy
recieved an invitation for open day from sheffield plus intention of an offer, anyone else here who recieved the letter recently?

got one the other day, still haven't booked the day for the open day
Original post by bistonut
ditto on Manchester, did you apply for "with theoretical" as well? I'm in Bristol on the 1st of March. I don't think I can attend either of the sheffield ones so might plead to give me the offer anyway, reckon I'll still get the offer?

Yes I've gone for theoretical for all my choices. I think the sheffield open day is just to try and show us how good a place it is. I think they'll still give you an offer. my school pays my train fares and for clothes etc so I'm going to all of them.
Original post by Frampoid
Currently got an offer from Exeter and Sussex, and an interview at Lancaster in March :biggrin:. Waiting for a reply from bath, but I don't really want to go there anymore.

Sweet, i'll see you there :smile:

I'll be the one who can't do smalltalk. I also look fairly vacant and may literally bump into you.
Original post by Powerpuff2468HR
I've got an interview for manchester on 2nd Feb but i've been predicted AAA. Does that mean if I get an offer it'll be A*AA??? :s-smilie:

think they use the interview to set your offer and also in case you miss your grades. if your interview is good and you miss your grades, they may still take you. if they are interviewing you, they must want you and they've seen your predicted grades so it will be ok I think.
Original post by internet tough guy

am going on feb 28th. you?
am really gutted that so many people have Durham offers and not me!
well done to you all but am starting to think I won't be joining you and Durham is my first choice.
Original post by alcimedes
am going on feb 28th. you?

on the 8th of march by the looks of it, unless they have spaces on the earlier open days
Reply 1197
Just noticed that the Bristol "visit day" includes a maths/physics test and group interview.
Also, I've got an interview at Imperial, had to get the date rearranged since originally they made it on the day of my physics exam, oops!

Anyone else got upcoming Bristol/Imperial visits?
Original post by alcimedes
I'll be the one who can't do smalltalk. I also look fairly vacant and may literally bump into you.

At least then I'll know which one you are...
AS Levels Physics A, Biology B, History C

A Levels Maths B (re-sitting some modules)

Predictions Maths A, Physics A, Biology A and History C 9have to carry it on because of fast track maths ... grr -__-)

Applied to do Physics at:
Kent .... offer BB in Maths and Physics 320 points
Nottingham.... interview (guaranteed offer) :smile:
UCL... interview (waiting for further... well anything )
Exeter .... interview (tomorrow )
Kings College...... nothing yet :/

hope I get something else ahhhh :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending