The Student Room Group

The official A level results day thread 18/8/2011

Poll

Will you check UCAS before getting your results?

I saw one for GCSE results day but there doesn't seem to be one for us Year 13 Leavers who's results will depend on the rest of our lives (no pressure 'n all).

I have one exam left and am already starting to worry about the dreaded 18th of August.

Will you check UCAS first or can you not bear it before you know your results? (Answer poll)

Good luck to everyone out there :smile:

Year 12's welcome too :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Probably UCAS first as i'll probably be up at 6am :biggrin:
Reply 2
Isn't is a bit too early
Anyway, hope for A*********
Reply 3
:zomg: It's too soon...I haven't even finished my exams yet!
Reply 4
Original post by Sawasdee
Isn't is a bit too early
Anyway, hope for A*********

Seeing as most people are finishing their exams around now and the wait is on I thought it was about time! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by hwalker37
:zomg: It's too soon...I haven't even finished my exams yet!

Good luck for the rest, how many more?
Last exam today.. I'm so happy to be free! But at the same time it actually feels a bit weird to have nothing to revise for. Results day and the week leading up to it will be horrific :colondollar:
Finished my exams today. Will be checking UCAS in the morning if I can log in. Absolutely dreading the 18th of August (or doomsday as I like to call it)
Reply 8
Oh my goodness, this thread just depressed me. I dont want to even think about this. I wish someone would just hide me under their bed :emo:.
Reply 9
finished my exams a week ago and results nerves are already settling in!
Reply 10
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Reply 11

Ahhh... Two months away and I feel sick already. This summer will be fun.
Reply 12
I was worried about results before I even sat my exams :emo:

I have a load of stuff to sort out in the meantime (documentary evidence of my mitigating circumstances, documentary evidence that school didn't give me the access arrangements I'm entitled to, applying for accommodation at UCL which I didn't know I could do until recently, and various other minor calamities) so I'm more worried about that, but still :eek4:

I kinda wish I'd bombed STEP. Before I did STEP, I was convinced I'd be off to my insurance. Now I think I might have got 1,2 and I think I might be pooled, and I can't know if I failed STEP or not, so I don't have a clue where I'm going or if Emma will still want me or anything :frown:
bit early ain't it? :tongue:
just did a count and... OMG 56 DAYS!
:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

That's actually quite close... i take it back this isn't early!
Original post by Comet Andromeda
bit early ain't it? :tongue:
just did a count and... OMG 56 DAYS!
:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

That's actually quite close... i take it back this isn't early!

Woah, I didn't realise it was that close!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Still got one exam to go but I just want results day to be here... and for me have somehow got lots of cash... sigh... I think it's actually quicker for me to pop across the road into college and get my results rather than wait for my slow laptop to load (although hopefully I'll have a new laptop by then but that depends on money too lol) x

If you're gonna neg rep me, at least have the guts to tell me why. I didn't even say anything bad...
(edited 12 years ago)
bit early. I still have an exam on Monday :facepalm:

Physics :angry:
Reply 17
Original post by AmiB
Good luck for the rest, how many more?

Just one to be fair :smile: It's next monday though which is such a ball ache! Everyone's out this weekend except us physics geeks:cool: haha

Also, in before 'u fhysix lot dnt go owt nywyz':unimpressed:
Reply 18
I am terrified
Reply 19
Last exam was today - Music. Absolutely dreading results day, the day before is going to be just as hellish with worry!

Latest