The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by whattheheck
On the GCSE results day it was my birthday, lucky I had good news.

This time round my birthday is 5 days later..think its going to be bummer. :frown:

But, we'll keep positive until then and (try) and enjoy our summer.:smile:

yeah not feeling too positive either but we'll see i need ABB so hopefully i'll do it :smile:
Original post by Ultimate1
Everyone lets forget about results for now. What's everyone doing for the summer???

I agree, I've gone on a huge shopping trip and forgetting about results seems to have gone pretty well so far haha.

I'm going on holiday to Cyprus with the bf, to Bulgaria with my girl mates, won tickets to Big Chill so I guess I'm going there now too lol and NME work experience :smile:

How about you?x
Reply 182
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I agree, I've gone on a huge shopping trip and forgetting about results seems to have gone pretty well so far haha.

I'm going on holiday to Cyprus with the bf, to Bulgaria with my girl mates, won tickets to Big Chill so I guess I'm going there now too lol and NME work experience :smile:

How about you?x

Yep, well apart from the shopping trip. :tongue:

OOOOOHhhh Cyprus, it's a very nice place.

Well I have an operation tomorrow, so basically the first 4 weeks of my holidays are destroyed. :angry:
Yep, well apart from the shopping trip. :tongue:

OOOOOHhhh Cyprus, it's a very nice place.

Well I have an operation tomorrow, so basically the first 4 weeks of my holidays are destroyed. :angry:

Operation for?
Original post by cpdavis

I remember last year we were just blabbering about AS results....now real unis:wink:
Reply 185
Original post by cpdavis
Operation for?

Remember that same on last year that got cancelled. :frown:

I now got a date after 9 months when the original one was scheduled. :angry:
Ahh why can't it be sooner. I am adamant I am not going to check Track first, but am worried I will get in a tizz trying to distinguish my module grades from my overall grades on the sheet of paper and have a panic attack :tongue:
Everyone lets forget about results for now. What's everyone doing for the summer???

Hopefully I will be able to work with my dad in a few weeks (loading lorries at a Tesco warehouse- not really fun, but pays well and will keep me occupied)

I have no grand plans, due to having no money. Probably end up going out 2 nights a week, sleeping the rest, except for group gatherings really.
Reply 188
Put the thought of results to the back of your mind until August :smile: Enjoy your summer, people! :biggrin:
Although, I do need ABB and I'm worried I haven't :P But, worrying is not going to change anything, so have fun! :biggrin:
Reply 189
really scared I'll miss my offer :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by medtobe
really scared I'll iss my offer :frown:

POSITIVE THINKING!! I'm sure you'll be fine!
I'm absolutely ****ing myself :frown: and I'm taking a gap year, so god knows how all you people with university places are feeling!

:hugs: for all, only 50 days to go!
Reply 192
I know I haven't made my offer, so I'm not really sure if I should feel anxious or not...

My only hope of going to my Firm is if they let me anyway :sad:

I don't really want to go to my Insurance... because it's not a very well ranked University, by any stretch of the imagination and I don't think I'll get accommodation there. If I don't get into my Firm, I don't know whether to go to m Insurance anyway, or to take another year of Sixth Form and reapply in 2012.

Under any other circumstances, I'd definitely take another year of sixth form, if only it wasn't for these ridiculous fees. They've really put us all in a difficult position this year. I think they should've introduced the new fees to the current year 11 pupils, so they knew exactly what they were letting themselves in for.
Original post by Jono300
Put the thought of results to the back of your mind until August :smile: Enjoy your summer, people! :biggrin:
Although, I do need ABB and I'm worried I haven't :P But, worrying is not going to change anything, so have fun! :biggrin:

That was my plan. The extent of today's fun however, has been tidying my bedroom. Well, a deep cleaning is a more accurate description, but still.
Turns out several months worth of tea rings on furniture is hard to clean off. I blame revision.
Original post by Liam_G
I know I haven't made my offer, so I'm not really sure if I should feel anxious or not...

I don't really want to go to my Insurance... because it's not a very well ranked University, by any stretch of the imagination and I don't think I'll get accommodation there. If I don't get into my Firm, I don't know whether to go to m Insurance anyway, or to take another year of Sixth Form and reapply in 2012.

Under any other circumstances, I'd definitely take another year of sixth form, if only it wasn't for these ridiculous fees. They've really put us all in a difficult position this year. I think they should've introduced the new fees to the current year 11 pupils, so they knew exactly what they were letting themselves in for.

If you dont want to go to your insurance maybe you should withdraw from them now so that you can go straight into clearing if your firm don't accept you? You never know what might pop up in clearing and you'll only be kicking yourself if it takes a week for your insurance to release you after results.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 195
Anyone else think, they got no clue what they got :s-smilie: Or is it just me who should be really worried now?
Original post by Liam_G

Exactly in the same situation if im to be completely honest. Right now i can say that cus' im feeling damned realistic, all other times im pretending it'll be fine when it really wont be :rolleyes:. Only difference is atm im not even considering re-taking a year cus' i've already taken a gap year after GCSEs. Will be spending the summer working out an alternative route to take, right now i cant really think of anything :sad:. Good luck though you never know you could be surprised at what might happen :yy:.
Original post by Faith01
Anyone else think, they got no clue what they got :s-smilie: Or is it just me who should be really worried now?

For some of my subjects I'm thinking anywhere from an A to "Unclassified". Its SO inhumane to make us wait for this long. Id rather find out that I failed this week than in 2months time! :angry:
Original post by DontPropositionMe
For some of my subjects I'm thinking anywhere from an A to "Unclassified". Its SO inhumane to make us wait for this long. Id rather find out that I failed this week than in 2months time! :angry:

Marking takes time though :redface:
This thread shouldn't be created now!:naughty: Because people worked so hard now they should be enjoying, they well deserved break!

Sit back :cookie: and enjoy Wimbledon!:clap2:

Latest