The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jabbo12
I hate the university of Leicester!!! Racist people

how so? stop generalising
Original post by Jabbo12
How bad did you do? Give an example

Well for law I was predicted a*. However, I missed a full 25 mark question as ran out of time.

For Biology, I'm predicted a B, however that exam went dreadfully and on unofficial mark scheme I don't so bad its not even worth saying.

For business, on a 34 mark question, it said use financial data in your answer which I never did.

So bad -_-
Reply 382
Original post by precious7
Argh results !

Oh God I've just pissed and **** myself. Results!!! I've got an annoying teacher who tells you your results before you open the envelope. You know who you are...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by slacker07906
Well for law I was predicted a*. However, I missed a full 25 mark question as ran out of time.

For Biology, I'm predicted a B, however that exam went dreadfully and on unofficial mark scheme I don't so bad its not even worth saying.

For business, on a 34 mark question, it said use financial data in your answer which I never did.

So bad -_-

Yeah but what about the other modules?... If you did well in those ones, then you don't have to worry about the last ones. Everyone has a difficult last exam; it's the last module, it's meant to be hard.
I'll probably check ucas before I go in. Just realised I don't know when 6th form opens to get my results... :frown: I am such a moron...

Original post by diamonddust
Nope, Edexcel. I'm sure it will be fine! I think it's like human nature- or at least TSR nature- to think we've messed up whatever questions we've done!

Lancaster is awesome. I'm so annoyed I couldn't afford to visit because it was going to be my insurance. Now I don't want to go to my actual insurance and I'm kicking myself I didn't put it as my insurance anyway!

Research methods... *shakes head* I don't even KNOW what that was...

I had a results day dream last night. Weirdly, my mum applied to uni, got an unconditional offer from Oxford and turned it down because of me and I called her an idiot and told her to call them up. :s-smilie: I couldn't log onto track and I broke my laptop by throwing it on the floor and then I went to get my results and I panicked and started crying because I saw an F next to Psychology and a D next to English Lit but they ended up just being modules. I made my mum check and she started screaming that I got 3 As. I didn't know my subconscious could ever be positive. Ever!
Of course, now I'm panicking that my dream telling me I didn't fail means that I failed because whenever I think an exam goes well, I mess it up. Apart from the times I think an exam went badly and it actually did and the times I'm convinced I've failed when I've actually passed! It's all so confusing!

So glad I'm not the only one who has already had a Results' Day dream. Only, in mine, I failed. But then, I also painted lines on Morrisons' path and accidentally ran the machine up the automatic doors... And I got given the results outside Morrisons by my next door neighbour in my GCSE English folder. The results included Art, which I didn't even take, and both of the people with me also failed. I then ran up the road, which was like Rhodes or Crete for some reason, to find my English teacher through a parade of people who dressed up to celebrate passing, to get some pointers for when I was going to UEA to film a movie to persuade them to let me in. I'm hoping the sheer weirdness of that dream means it won't come true.

But I know I haven't done as well as I hoped. I made a major mistake in French that I don't think I can recover from. I can still hope though, right? I'm not however, sure if I can wait all until the 18th...

I think I'll be heading for another year of 6th form to re-sit French and take an intensive A-level if things don't go well. I like Brunel, but I LOVE UEA. I don't think I want to go to Brunel when I could have gone to UEA...
Reply 385
Original post by Jabbo12
I hate the university of Leicester!!! Racist people

I'm guessing you negged me. How is the uni racist?
Reply 386
Argghhhhh I'm so scared :cry2: I apologise in advance for the 'are my grades good enough for Oxford/Cambridge' thread that I will undoubtedly post when I fail my AS Levels :afraid:
Off to Ghana for 3 weeks, see you guys soon :smile:
Original post by cpdavis
Off to Ghana for 3 weeks, see you guys soon :smile:

Siccck, time will fly by for you :rolleyes: I have to wait another 2 weeks and then I'm away in Austria for 3 weeks :sexface:
Reply 389
Dreamt I got an A in A level italian. I'v never studied Italian in my life ><
Reply 390

So bad -_-

What exam board are you with for biology? :smile:
Original post by Zakir
What exam board are you with for biology? :smile:

OCR. u? :cool:
Original post by ThePurpleRose
I'll probably check ucas before I go in. Just realised I don't know when 6th form opens to get my results... :frown: I am such a moron...

So glad I'm not the only one who has already had a Results' Day dream. Only, in mine, I failed. But then, I also painted lines on Morrisons' path and accidentally ran the machine up the automatic doors... And I got given the results outside Morrisons by my next door neighbour in my GCSE English folder. The results included Art, which I didn't even take, and both of the people with me also failed. I then ran up the road, which was like Rhodes or Crete for some reason, to find my English teacher through a parade of people who dressed up to celebrate passing, to get some pointers for when I was going to UEA to film a movie to persuade them to let me in. I'm hoping the sheer weirdness of that dream means it won't come true.

But I know I haven't done as well as I hoped. I made a major mistake in French that I don't think I can recover from. I can still hope though, right? I'm not however, sure if I can wait all until the 18th...

I think I'll be heading for another year of 6th form to re-sit French and take an intensive A-level if things don't go well. I like Brunel, but I LOVE UEA. I don't think I want to go to Brunel when I could have gone to UEA...

:jumphug:
That dream will NEVER come true. And I'm sure you'll still get credit for French! I'm going to see you at UEA in September! :biggrin:
I feel the same way about UEA. Just went to see Bridesmaids (awesome film btw!) with my best friend who goes to Nottingham and she was telling me her insurance was UEA and she would have been happy to go there and I was whining to her about putting an insurance down I don't even want to go to! I'm such an idiot sometimes. I just can't conceive of going anywhere that isn't UEA, especially not for CW because UEA's the best place for that and I love it faaaaaaaaaarr too much! I wish I'd applied for straight English at other places. The more I think about going to my insurance, the less I want to go. Especially as the accommodation is too expensive and I don't want to spend my first year stressing about bills. I liked it when I visited so I don't know where all this hesitance has come from! It just wasn't 'me' like UEA was. If I'm entirely honest, I don't think I want to go to uni in general this September but going to a university that isn't my first choice somehow makes it feel worse.
I need to stop being pessimistic. Everything will be ok. I hope. :erm:
/rant

I've been keeping myself busy so I don't think about results day. It isn't working. Worrying about it isn't going to make it come sooner and I'm loving having all this free time to see my friends and go out and do something other than revise. I just REALLY want to know if I've got into university so I can plan the rest of my damn life! :p:rolleyes:

I'm SO jealous of the IBers. They get their results tomorrow or Wednesday!
Reply 393
OCR. u? :cool:

Oh ok, im with AQA. There was suma about yours in the paper?
Ours was the same. Only 2/3 topics from the whole syllabus came up!
44 days :sexface::sexface:
Reply 395
Just wanted to come on here and wish you guys all the very best of luck, I hope all your hard work paid off! :smile:
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Oooh no people, you should be having fun! To be fair, I've been catching up with Hellcats, Pretty Little Liars, Desperate Housewives, Luther...oh God...But hey it's FUNNNNNN and I'm sure you are doing more than just that! Summer will go so quickly then you'll wonder where it went :smile: x

I LOVE pretty little liars haha! :colondollar:
Original post by Muffinz
Just wanted to come on here and wish you guys all the very best of luck, I hope all your hard work paid off! :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 398
44 days!! :eek:
Original post by Muffinz

Aww. Thanks Muffinz. :smile:
Just got my UCAS letter in the post about clearing and insurance. *shudders*

Latest