The Student Room Group

Summer boredom

I'm staying up as late as possible tonight so that I sleep through most of tomorrow. I have nothing to do tomorrow and for some reason I feel more depressed during the day, so I don't want to be awake for it. I can't find a job, therefore I have zero money. Because of this, I can't even afford to do simple things like get a bus, so I can't go out with friends, since they don't seem content with just going for a walk or doing something that doesn't involve money. I'm desperately bored. I've tried to do things like go for a walk with music, read, paint etc but I just have no interest. I just feel stupidly depressed and I don't really understand why I feel so bad. :/ Anyone else feeling the same?
If you're going to University in September, get the **** over it. I've been living like this for a year.
Reply 2
Original post by hatemylife
If you're going to University in September, get the **** over it. I've been living like this for a year.

How have you coped?!
Reply 3
completely know how you feel. soooooo boring and just anxiously waiting for results day. my friends are on holiday having fun which makes it worse. just be persistent and keep looking for a job even if its volunteer work for a charity.anything to boost your CV. also look for free activities they offer near you. better than nothing. :tongue:
Reply 4
keep looking for a job, check online every single day. That's the best solution. Or go down to connexions or whatever it is, if you book an interview with them and ask for help with part time jobs they should give you loads of application forms.
Work in a bar, people always are hiring for such positions, yeah the pay is crap but a job is a job if you need the money.
Reply 6
exactly the same feeling..! im mainly at home, my mum wants me to do the chores (have to stick to a timetable) which is annoying and when i go out, its impossible to not spend money... so most of the time im at home, learning how to play the keyboard, surfing the net and watching crappy daytime telly :frown:( i was thinking of starting a scrapbook, seeing as this my last summer at home, but i dont even have enough for a digital camera... im thinking of getting a bunch of disposable- for authenticity if anything...
Reply 7
ever pondered over the thought of going jogging/running in the mornings?:smile:

it feels good and gives you a reason to waking up early in the morning..

helps to combat depression to some degree, and would also allow you to become more active.

It wouldn't cost you anything:biggrin: and would keep you busy during the mornings.
Forget looking for a job if it's not coming together for you and you don't desperately need the cash, do some volunteering instead. It's rewarding and gives you a way of filling up spare time.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
How have you coped?!

If his/her username is anything to go by, not too well by the look of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending