The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

How to see a pharmacist?

I'm a fresher at the uni of bath and I've had a cough that's getting progressively worse for about a month now. I thought it was freshers flu but it hasn't gone away :frown: I've called the medical centre to try and get an appointment but the receptionist told me to go see a pharmacist, but I have no idea where to go. Is there a pharmacy on campus or would I have to find one in the city? Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by RosieBattersby
I'm a fresher at the uni of bath and I've had a cough that's getting progressively worse for about a month now. I thought it was freshers flu but it hasn't gone away :frown: I've called the medical centre to try and get an appointment but the receptionist told me to go see a pharmacist, but I have no idea where to go. Is there a pharmacy on campus or would I have to find one in the city? Any help would be appreciated :smile:

No, there isnt a pharmacy on campus, so you will need to catch a bus into town - there is a big Boots at the bottom of Southgate / near the bus station. And keep phoning the Med Centre - especially if you develop a fever or headaches.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Any chemist will have a pharmacist who is available for minor consultations. They usually have a small room to talk privately. I imagine they are keen to do this as it breaks the boredom of sticking labels on and giving the purchase of paracetamol the nod
Reply 3
Original post by RosieBattersby

Can you go directly to the medical centre to seek advice or see a Dr.?

Quick Reply

Latest