The Student Room Group

will i fail my exams

i started my mech eng degree in sept last year and basically just about scraped a pass in sem1 from almost zero revision or actually going to lectures on the basis most of it Alevel stuff i remembered. now were over half way through sem 2 ive literally not gone to any lecture or done any studying what so ever. I dont know why i just couldnt. last week i convinced myself to sell my ps5 and now ive got 3 weeks of easter to make the academic comeback ive dreamt of. is it even possible? ill probably procrastinate anyway tbh but anyone got any tips?
Hi there,

It's definitely possible to make an academic comeback in three weeks as long as you follow the steps below.

Understand what causes you to procrastinate. Is it boredom, feeling overwhelmed or lack of interest? Once you know which one it is, you can start to address it directly.

Break down your tasks into manageable parts and decide which do you have to prioritise. Having a structured plan can make the tasks less daunting.

Eliminate all distractions whether it's your phone or background noise.

Don't forget to take care of your well-being by getting enough sleep, fresh air, eating good food and regular exercise.

If you're struggling with certain topics, make sure to seek support from your fellow coursemates and tutors.

Stay motivated by reminding yourself the reasons you're pursuing this degree.

And try to remember, it’s about progress, not perfection!

Even if you start small, the key is to start. You’ve already taken a significant step by selling your PS5 to eliminate a major distraction. Therefore, take advantage of that momentum to dive into your studies.

I hope I managed to help!

Best of luck,
Melanie
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending