The Student Room Group

M.E.N Arena Seating

I've got Arcade Fire tickets (again) for their Manchester gig in August.

I'll be sat in block 115, row W. I've had a look at the seating plan so I know approximately where the seats are, but I was just wondering how high up I'll be and how far away from the stage.

Basically what kind of view of the band will I get from there?
Reply 1
it depends on what venue layout the gig will be... i went to see russell howard with the end-stage seating plan, i was block 102 row N, and it was amazing...right next to the stage. i dont think it would have made much difference if we were on row A or row Z... our block position meant we were really close to the stage.

so if you have the end stage seating plan too... then i reckon they'll be brilliant seats! but if it's the full-arena seating plan... im not sure, never been there when its be fully opened.

hope that helps! :smile: very jealous you're seeing arcade fire, should be an amazing gig!
Reply 2
Original post by popple7
it depends on what venue layout the gig will be... i went to see russell howard with the end-stage seating plan, i was block 102 row N, and it was amazing...right next to the stage. i dont think it would have made much difference if we were on row A or row Z... our block position meant we were really close to the stage.

so if you have the end stage seating plan too... then i reckon they'll be brilliant seats! but if it's the full-arena seating plan... im not sure, never been there when its be fully opened.

hope that helps! :smile: very jealous you're seeing arcade fire, should be an amazing gig!

I think this is the same as what you're talking about? http://www.crowdsurge.com/arcadefire/graphics/MEN_SeatingPlan.jpg

Yeah, I am fairly pleased with the seats, especially as I expected it to be sold out and snapped up one of the last tickets. The high row is a slight downside, but it's a lot better than being on the upper tier. How far above the stage were you in row N? Also, were you looking at the stage directly from the side, or slightly infront?

Ha, Arcade Fire are amazing live :smile: This will be the third time, saw them just last thursday at Hyde Park and when win said "see you in a couple of years england" I realised I had to try and see them one more time. I'm a bit obsessed.
Reply 3
Original post by Jamie H
I think this is the same as what you're talking about? http://www.crowdsurge.com/arcadefire/graphics/MEN_SeatingPlan.jpg

Yeah, I am fairly pleased with the seats, especially as I expected it to be sold out and snapped up one of the last tickets. The high row is a slight downside, but it's a lot better than being on the upper tier. How far above the stage were you in row N? Also, were you looking at the stage directly from the side, or slightly infront?

Ha, Arcade Fire are amazing live :smile: This will be the third time, saw them just last thursday at Hyde Park and when win said "see you in a couple of years england" I realised I had to try and see them one more time. I'm a bit obsessed.

yeah thats the one! you're directly opposite where i was... my seats were brilliant, so i reckon yours will be fine (a few rows wont make much difference, MEN is massive!). the block is right next to the stage, so even though you are high up, you are so close to the stage it more than makes up for it. seriously, the only way you could have better seats would be if you were on the floor :smile:

generally i hate the MEN for gigs and stuff though, it's too big and soul-less, much prefer the academy or the apollo.

ive seen them live on tv at festivals and stuff, they do seem amazing... well jealous you've seen them three times! hope you have fun :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by popple7
yeah thats the one! you're directly opposite where i was... my seats were brilliant, so i reckon yours will be fine (a few rows wont make much difference, MEN is massive!). the block is right next to the stage, so even though you are high up, you are so close to the stage it more than makes up for it. seriously, the only way you could have better seats would be if you were on the floor :smile:

generally i hate the MEN for gigs and stuff though, it's too big and soul-less, much prefer the academy or the apollo.

ive seen them live on tv at festivals and stuff, they do seem amazing... well jealous you've seen them three times! hope you have fun :smile:

Okay thanks, I'm fairly happy with the seats now. It's all standing on the floor aswell so I reckon the only way I could have better seats is if I was about 10 rows forward? This is the first time I've got a seated ticket for them and Ideally I'd be standing again, but I don't mind too much, it will just be a slightly different experience.

So you had a fairly good view when you saw Russell Howard then? Obviously not right up close, but I take it he didn't look like an ant on the stage either.

Yeah I've heard about the M.E.N being soulless, I'd usually be a bit worried but I'm fairly confident that Arcade Fire will own it anyway.
Reply 5
Original post by Jamie H
Okay thanks, I'm fairly happy with the seats now. It's all standing on the floor aswell so I reckon the only way I could have better seats is if I was about 10 rows forward? This is the first time I've got a seated ticket for them and Ideally I'd be standing again, but I don't mind too much, it will just be a slightly different experience.

So you had a fairly good view when you saw Russell Howard then? Obviously not right up close, but I take it he didn't look like an ant on the stage either.

Yeah I've heard about the M.E.N being soulless, I'd usually be a bit worried but I'm fairly confident that Arcade Fire will own it anyway.

well ive got tickets for peter kay in sept... similar seats to your arcade fire ones (row Z or something crappy sounding!), so i remember standing at the higher bit of our block for russell howard to see if the view was any good... and seriously, the rows dont make much of a difference. the thing that makes the biggest difference is how close your block is to the stage. so even though your row sounds really far back... it doesnt make hardly any difference. but because you are in the block nearest the stage, your views will be awesome! better than on the floor! although it may not be as fun being sat down at a gig, thats the only bad thing.

i was super impressed with our seats... we could see the stage without obstruction and we were as close as you could be, for block seats. plus there's big screens, for close ups of the stage.

no matter where you are in the MEN... the performers will always look a bit like ants! it's just too big a venue. but where you are, you should be fine :smile: acoustically, it should be awesome for a gig...so i reckon they will definitely own it and you'll have an amazing night!

Quick Reply

Latest