The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Things I like to do in Bradford and West Yorkshire

Hey, I'm Immar, and I study LLB Law at Bradford. Are you thinking of studying at the University of Bradford? I'm here to tell you that Bradford runs deeper than just your campus and there are plenty of places and activities in which you can indulge! 🙌

Whether you're looking to go on a relaxing walk or do some shopping, here are some of my fave places in Bradford.

Scenery:

Lister Park
Located in BD9, Lister Park is one of the largest parks in West Yorkshire, with its bright green grass and historical artwork. Having a stroll through Lister Park is something I love to do when I’m bored and need a break. It’s an amazing place to get some Instagram-worthy pictures too!

Lister-Park-720x480.jpg

Roberts Park
Located a little further out in BD17 is Roberts Park. It's a small park with beautiful greenery and is right next to the canal in Saltaire, which is rich in history and greenery. A trip to Saltaire and Roberts Park is the perfect way to spend an afternoon.

Shopping:

Who doesn’t love to splash out and shop? Luckily for you, Bradford has some lovely places to shop:

The Broadway
Located in the city centre, the Broadway has some of my favourite stores such as The Perfume Shop and JD. If you’re in the mood to splash some cash or simply go window shopping, the Broadway shopping centre is the place. As an added bonus, it also has a food court!

Primark
Who doesn’t love Primark? I think you simply cannot go wrong with a trip to Primark. It's conveniently located in the city centre in the Kirkgate Shopping Centre and has all the essentials you need to jazz up your outfits for those dreaded 9am starts.

White Rose Centre
A little further out from the city centre is the White Rose Shopping Centre. It's situated in Leeds so requires some extra travel. However, the journey there is 100% worth it! The shopping centre has so many stores such as JD, H&M, Primark and so much more - it’s the perfect spacious centre for a lovely day out.

Food:

As human beings, food is something we constantly consume. Luckily, Bradford is known for its outstanding restaurants and cuisine. We've even been named the curry capital of the UK!

Here are some of my favourite places to eat in Bradford:

MyLahore
Located next to the University campus on Great Horton Road is MyLahore. It's an amazing restaurant and one of my favourites. Me and my friends love to go here for our lunch breaks or for a meal after university. They always have a wide variety of different food with plenty of choices for everyone.

Heavenly Desserts
Also located on Great Horton Road is Heavenly Desserts. It's pretty, tasty and fancy - a combination you cannot go wrong with. I love to come here for dessert as they have an outstanding menu and lovely seating. It feels like I’m in a posh movie when I’m here!

Desert-480x720.jpg

Activities:

Ice Skating
If you’re bored and need an activity or want to put your abilities to the test, I'd recommend going ice skating at the Bradford Ice Arena. It's located on Little Horton Lane and is challenging yet thrilling.

Ice-Skating-Rink-720x480.jpg

Cinema
Who doesn’t love watching an action movie or a classic romance? Whatever genre you prefer, Bradford is packed full of all the latest releases. There's a wide range of cinemas such as Cineworld, ODEON and The Light where you can go and watch the hottest movies in the industry. I love an evening at the cinema and it's something I like to do at least once a month.

Discover more about Bradford here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending