The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by archie0705
I'm not 100% sure. but people on here have talked about going to a day at York before they sent off their applications and they had to do what we have to do at the interview, I think

like at the open days? If yes, thank god i didnt know about that, otherwise I would have completely made a mess of that!
Original post by .snowflake.
like at the open days? If yes, thank god i didnt know about that, otherwise I would have completely made a mess of that!

Yeah I think it might have been. people were saying things like "I went to the open day and they turned around and did some interview stuff" something along those lines.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't know about it. Have you visited York at all? I haven't :frown:
Yeah I think it might have been. people were saying things like "I went to the open day and they turned around and did some interview stuff" something along those lines.

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't know about it. Have you visited York at all? I haven't :frown:

I did. It's lovely.
Original post by .snowflake.
I did. It's lovely.

Cooool. The labs are all quite new aren't they?

Which college you gonna pick? Alcuin, as it's very near the chem dept?

I'm not sure college wisey. Vanburgh, the new stuff was nice. The old stuff was... vintage.

wait i don't remember seeing anything about choosing colleges at York?? :s-smilie:
Original post by Mitchstr5000
wait i don't remember seeing anything about choosing colleges at York?? :s-smilie:

Yup, you chose after you get an offer. But not sure exactly when.

Yup, you chose after you get an offer. But not sure exactly when.

ahh ok cheers i'll look into that if all goes smoothly with my interview on tuesday :smile:
ahh ok cheers i'll look into that if all goes smoothly with my interview on tuesday :smile:

I'm expecting a blow by blow account of your interview!

Oooo, your interview is tuesday?!?! exciting!. as .snowflake. says, you must give us the details of your 'informal' chat with the academic and everything else that happens. pleeaasee! :biggrin:
Yeah, the post- and pre-application days are pretty much identical. York still haven't got back to me yet. :frown:
Reply 391
Acknowledgements from UCL and York :biggrin:
I want my UCAS to be sent off, but I doubt that'll happen til I'm back. I hope my references from my other teachers will already have been done. I know my chemistry teacher hasnt yet though :frown:
Reply 393
Original post by bekylouisex3
Wooo congrats! What date? Cause i might see you there :P

22nd November :smile: when's yours?
Original post by Joshc93
22nd November :smile: when's yours?

Same :biggrin: You applying for straight MChem? I'm applying for Chemistry with a year in America :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by bekylouisex3
Same :biggrin: You applying for straight MChem? I'm applying for Chemistry with a year in America :smile:

same actually, I've always wanted to go to america :biggrin:
me again guys i'm just wondering if anyone could think of any other possible questions they might ask at my interview at york on tuesday. i've already got prepared answers to these questions : why do you want to study at york university?
why do i want to study chemistry?
what aspects of chemistry interest me?
recent articles/books i've read on chemistry that interested me?

any other questions you guys can think of will be a great help and i'll let you know what they ask me when i get back from the interview on tuesday :biggrin:

any other questions you guys can think of will be a great help and i'll let you know what they ask me when i get back from the interview on tuesday :biggrin:

An experiment you have carried out (and preferably enjoyed) recently. They may like to see that you are a practical chemist, as well as a successful theoretical one!

Just make sure you deliver your prepared answers thoughtfully and naturally, rather than just reeling them off. The York interviews are pretty informal and you've basically already got an offer so don't worry too much.

Good luck and have fun! :biggrin:
Original post by thehaberprocess
Ooh which college did you go for? Oxford that is...

St. Catharines :smile:
Original post by FlamingIceCube
St. Catharines :smile:

Isn't St. Catharine's the Cambridge college?

I'm sure it's St. Catherine's at Oxford...? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending