The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

The trouble with the Irish is that they're in love with themselves. They go on and on about what a great country they have, what great people they are... Any positive comment made by a foreigner will be confirmed and even emphasized. It gets tiresome to be honest.

I'd rather see a bit of self-loathing.
SamTheMan
The trouble with the Irish is that they're in love with themselves. They go on and on about what a great country they have, what great people they are... Any positive comment made by a foreigner will be confirmed and even emphasized. It gets tiresome to be honest.

They deserve it after years of supression and potatoe famines and emigration. :p:
Reply 182
SamTheMan

you wanna hear self loathing??? ok northern ireland is a fecking *****hole. i dont care what anyone says. it just is. people sit and blow each other up 24/7 and its fun to take the piss out of but you have to realise people are getting hurt etc etc. irish sports/music is fantastic! DERRY ALL THE WAY! :biggrin:
SamTheMan

WELL GET THE HELL OUT OF THE SOCIETY FOR THE IRISH THEN WHY DONT YOU! :mad:

YOU ARE THE TYPE OF BRIT TAT GIVES THE NICE ONES A BAD NAME!! bUILD A BRIDGE AND GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELF!!!! :mad:

OR MAYBE ITS A HINT OF JEALOUS THAT OTHER COUNTRIES ACTUALLY LIKE US!!! BUT THEN AGAIN WE DONT GO AROUND BOMBING COUNTRIES WITH UNCLE SAM!! DO WE??? AND JUST REMEMBER WITH ALL THE IRISH PEOPLE WHO WENT TO ENGLAND FOR WORK ALL THOSE YRS AGO BUILT UR COUNTRY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

OR TRYING TO TAKE OVER COUNTRIES AND DESTROY THEIR NATURAL HERITAGE AND CULTURE!

AND IF ANYTHING THIS THREAD IS A CLEAR POINT TAT THE IRISH DIDINT STAND FOR IT AND REBELED AND WON!! AND NOW ARE, AFTER 800 HUNDRED YRS PLUS OF TERRIEN FROM YOUR ANCESSETORS, GETTING TO BE PROUD OF WHO WE ARE!!

SORRY TO THE PEOPLE WHO MIGHT THINK ME OF A BIT OF A FREAK NOW! BUT IF SOME1 SAYS BAD STUFF BOUT MY COUNTRY WEN I HAVNT SAID ANYTHING BOU THEIRS I THE FIRST PLACE I GET REALLY ANNOYED!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ANY1 AGREE????
I do. :redface: But the caps are really intimidating.
hugatree
But the caps are really intimidating.

Sorry cud u explain tat for me plz??

and we were havin so much fun!!! :smile: :p:
Wow Greg, bit of a sweeping generalisation you've got there.
jojo-irish-jojo
Sorry cud u explain tat for me plz??

and we were havin so much fun!!! :smile: :p:
The CAPS. :biggrin:

Heehee continue. :wink:
no how are they intimidating??
jojo-irish-jojo
no how are they intimidating??
They're big and scary! :p: Like you're really pissed off (caps usually means shouting too but that's a bit silly on the net).
Reply 190
*shouts on net* no one can hear me but if you say *SHOUTS ON NET* then people sit up and take notice :p:
jojo-irish-jojo
WELL GET THE HELL OUT OF THE SOCIETY FOR THE IRISH THEN WHY DONT YOU! :mad:

YOU ARE THE TYPE OF BRIT TAT GIVES THE NICE ONES A BAD NAME!! bUILD A BRIDGE AND GET THE HELL OVER YOURSELF!!!! :mad:

OR MAYBE ITS A HINT OF JEALOUS THAT OTHER COUNTRIES ACTUALLY LIKE US!!! BUT THEN AGAIN WE DONT GO AROUND BOMBING COUNTRIES WITH UNCLE SAM!! DO WE??? AND JUST REMEMBER WITH ALL THE IRISH PEOPLE WHO WENT TO ENGLAND FOR WORK ALL THOSE YRS AGO BUILT UR COUNTRY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

OR TRYING TO TAKE OVER COUNTRIES AND DESTROY THEIR NATURAL HERITAGE AND CULTURE!

AND IF ANYTHING THIS THREAD IS A CLEAR POINT TAT THE IRISH DIDINT STAND FOR IT AND REBELED AND WON!! AND NOW ARE, AFTER 800 HUNDRED YRS PLUS OF TERRIEN FROM YOUR ANCESSETORS, GETTING TO BE PROUD OF WHO WE ARE!!

SORRY TO THE PEOPLE WHO MIGHT THINK ME OF A BIT OF A FREAK NOW! BUT IF SOME1 SAYS BAD STUFF BOUT MY COUNTRY WEN I HAVNT SAID ANYTHING BOU THEIRS I THE FIRST PLACE I GET REALLY ANNOYED!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ANY1 AGREE????

I'm not even a "Brit". I have several nationalities, lived in several countries and have a much more objective view on the matter than you clearly do.

This just confirms what I said: just criticise Ireland a tiny bit and there's a huge uproar.. Saying that they love themselves is hardly the worst comment I could make. I just said that I like a bit of autoderision, not taking yourself so seriously. You've only just confirmed that...

I wonder what would happen if I created British Soc on a website called www.thestudentroom.co.ie ?
Eimear151
*shouts on net* no one can hear me but if you say *SHOUTS ON NET* then people sit up and take notice :p:
It's true! I did! :p:
SamTheMan
I'm not even a "Brit". I have several nationalities, lived in several countries and have a much more objective view on the matter than you clearly do.

This just confirms what I said: just criticise Ireland a tiny bit and there's a huge uproar.. Saying that they love themselves is hardly the worst comment I could make. I just said that I like a bit of autoderision, not taking yourself so seriously. You've only just confirmed that...

I wonder what would happen if I created British Soc on a website called www.thestudentroom.co.ie ?

Wen did u actually say the words 'if u criticise ireland a tiny........huge uproar'

u didnt!!! i might take my nationally seriously because well its who i am i cant change tat!!!! but i Dont contradicte myslef!!!

go ahead make a brit soc c if i care
jojo-irish-jojo
Wen did u actually say the words 'if u criticise ireland a tiny........huge uproar'

u didnt!!! i might take my nationally seriously because well its who i am i cant change tat!!!! but i Dont contradicte myslef!!!

go ahead make a brit soc c if i care

and would the Britons go all crazy as soon as someone mentioned something about their country?

As for the excuse of "terrien", that's a load of bollocks, seriously. So because of what the Germans did to my Granddad, I should expect no criticism on a German messageboard where I would have started a British soc?

And to say that Irish people made Britain... well Britons can claim to have made Ireland what it is. That's nonsensical.
No UR nonsensical!!!

Okay brits wudnt go all crazy but if they are all like YOU they go get a few bombs!! and send them our way!!

'Bollocks' has bn classed worldwide as an IRISH word!

britain make ireland PLEASE go home you STUPID STUPID BOY!!!!!!
People, people... Calm down. :wink:
why wen my country is being dumped on! for no apairtent reason! thought u agreed with me????
jojo-irish-jojo
No UR nonsensical!!!

Okay brits wudnt go all crazy but if they are all like YOU they go get a few bombs!! and send them our way!!

'Bollocks' has bn classed worldwide as an IRISH word!

britain make ireland PLEASE go home you STUPID STUPID BOY!!!!!!

Right, no British influence in Ireland... :rolleyes: What language are you using in your post?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks

All like me? I think you should stop assuming things about me because already you were wrong right away when you called me a Brit. If I were a Brit, I probably wouldn't be prepared to make such comments.

You're on a website for UK students. You shouldn't be too surprised to get one slightly negative comment thrown at you. You're on a UK website and made nasty comments about Britain but of course that's perfectly fine :rolleyes:.
jojo-irish-jojo
why wen my country is being dumped on! for no apairtent reason! thought u agreed with me????
I'm just trying to save your ass lol you're not supposed to swear on here. :wink: But yeah I'm with you. Although Sam has a fair point with the UK-ness.

Quick Reply

Latest