The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Terrible scenes against Dublin and Tyrone...but dublin are always like tat tho.....too big for their boots...it pains me that they actually went on to win the flippy game....

At least Ireland came out with a win against Italy in the rugby and FAIR PLAY to SCOTLAND........
jojo-irish-jojo
FAIR PLAY to SCOTLAND........

:biggrin: Thank u, thank u very much :biggrin:
jojo-irish-jojo
Terrible scenes against Dublin and Tyrone...but dublin are always like tat tho.....too big for their boots...it pains me that they actually went on to win the flippy game....

At least Ireland came out with a win against Italy in the rugby and FAIR PLAY to SCOTLAND........

a really didnt wanna watch that match :bawling: :frown: some wile bad dirty tackles played when i turned it over to see the score......i just shook my head in shame and turned it over :frown:
This bugs me so much, cos i love watching the football when i'm over in Ireland, but we don't get it over here! (in scotland). And RTE radio don't play the semis and the final cos of licencing laws! It sucks!!
dreamy_girl
This bugs me so much, cos i love watching the football when i'm over in Ireland, but we don't get it over here! (in scotland). And RTE radio don't play the semis and the final cos of licencing laws! It sucks!!

you wouldnt have wanted ta watch the dubs n tyrone bloody horrible boxing match :bawling:
Yey...i'm finally a proper member!
y french teacher started slagging off the irish today in class....the whole class were about to pull the head off her....

the new accent for me is the limerick one.......have a new teacher for LCVP and he talks so funny we give em a gruller....he even had the gall off slagging the way i pronouced Waterford the other day...funny man...so irish..he even has red hair...LOL
I was bored in drama today and did a whole scene scene of some italian play in an irish accent... was proud of self!
jojo-irish-jojo
y french teacher started slagging off the irish today in class....the whole class were about to pull the head off her....

the new accent for me is the limerick one.......have a new teacher for LCVP and he talks so funny we give em a gruller....he even had the gall off slagging the way i pronouced Waterford the other day...funny man...so irish..he even has red hair...LOL

haha why did she slag the irish in like a f**king irish school - the tithead!

haha red hair is class on people a girl i work with Ruth-Anne she has gorgeous red hair :frown: - i want red hair :frown:
Tomásíona - Mháire

haha red hair is class on people a girl i work with Ruth-Anne she has gorgeous red hair :frown: - i want red hair :frown:

I should have red hair, i've got the rest of the package - freckles, pale skin, weird teeth. I deserve it!
dreamy_girl
I should have red hair, i've got the rest of the package - freckles, pale skin, weird teeth. I deserve it!

lol you got more than me im blonde with tanned skin and braced teeth lol!!!!!!!
Reply 391
Hey everyone. Its me first post so I thought it had to be in the Irish Soc page. I hail from the People's Republic. For you not aware of that term.. its the beautiful city of Cork, former Capital of Culture, now just homw to all us langers. I'm over in Reading studying, so I hope this soc can keep me grounded to my roots. Saw highlights of the Dublin V Tyrone match on the RTE website. wow... looked like a good one. But i must admit that nohting can beat a Cork/Kerry match. now those are classics!!
Reply 392
Alreet all,
As you can tell by the "Alreet", I am not Irish. Love the country though.

Been to the Cavan/Enniskillen area for the past three years for a week of chilling and fishing and just love it. The people in the village/town we go to are lovely, and the barman of the local pub remembered us just by the car when we met him going along a track :smile:

I filled in the form thing on the Societies thing but nowt happened, so I decided to post anyway :biggrin:
Tomásíona - Mháire

LOL i no she is a FOOOOL of a woman :biggrin: ..... we were doin this french reading compasition and it was positive and negative stuff about different countries and of course Ireland was one of them and it said that we were nice but sometimes violient and cause fights....... and she started agreein on all.... then mick said to her that nearly every country love us and stuff so she started laughing and sayin that it was typical of the irish......:mad:

my two best freinds have red hair - one with freckles and one without but their both pale - I feel left out as I have brown hair , no freckles (well tats a good thing) and olive skin colour..... :biggrin: Not a typical irish lass am i??:p:
New members have been added to member list at the start of the soc and have the funky icon :biggrin:

Oh, and Tammy, think how many red heads wish they were blonde! But you have a major advantage - you don't have to bleach your hair if you want to dye it :p: *imagines Tammy with deep blue hair :biggrin:*
Reply 395
i dont have red hair either, but the rest of the package pale skin and freckles. Loved seeing ireland win on saturday.

I used to do Irish dancing but it wasnt a pretty sight. Lets just say im not a natural dancer.
Katy200
i dont have red hair either, but the rest of the package pale skin and freckles. Loved seeing ireland win on saturday.

I used to do Irish dancing but it wasnt a pretty sight. Lets just say im not a natural dancer.

Aww, no worries bout it. You should see me dance at times - not at all pretty, or stylish!! Occasionally I run up walls and backflipping off them (after a few drinks that is!), but normally, I headbang :rock:
The Canadian
New members have been added to member list at the start of the soc and have the funky icon :biggrin:

Oh, and Tammy, think how many red heads wish they were blonde! But you have a major advantage - you don't have to bleach your hair if you want to dye it :p: *imagines Tammy with deep blue hair :biggrin:*

haha im actually hopefully getting a couple of pink extensions put into my ordinary extensions so it should be good :biggrin:
jojo-irish-jojo
LOL i no she is a FOOOOL of a woman :biggrin: ..... we were doin this french reading compasition and it was positive and negative stuff about different countries and of course Ireland was one of them and it said that we were nice but sometimes violient and cause fights....... and she started agreein on all.... then mick said to her that nearly every country love us and stuff so she started laughing and sayin that it was typical of the irish......:mad:

:rofl: your french teacher really is a tithead......:rofl: hahahahha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoopty whoop going over to galway in the easter hols! Can't wait but a little problem of having big mental exams pretty soon after i get back...

Of course i'll work over there... no distractions at all...

Quick Reply

Latest