The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
The Canadian
What's the worst injury you've got boarding? Mines only been a bust hand and slightly cracked ribs. Bust hand I got from ragdolling at speed and hitting some ice.

What's wrong with a name? It's no fun just having a regular name unless you're luck and have a funky name anyways. It's also good so you can be a clown and no one will ever know it was you racing in a clown suit :rolleyes:

Plus Phoenix Shadow makes for a helluva cooler autograph than Dom Mulvaney :p:

Worst injury...... a bad back after bailing mid-air from a decent sized jump :redface:
Never broken any bones (yet :biggrin: ) but my friend broke his wrist snowboarding once. So your pretty famous? I'll wait 'till i win a poker tourament to make up an alias... so that's a long way off then :p: Phoenix Shadow is a wack name, although there's a DJ Phoenix who works at my local radio station... maybe it's you.... :cool:
Reply 781
jojo-irish-jojo
Go On Leinster!!!

Heniken Semi Final here we come......now hopefully Munster will put in a fantastic second half proformance to get through aswell!!

did you watch it? i was busy watching the hull game, was a mud bath!!! Your lucky, both my teams lost today :frown:
well done on passing ur Bio test :hugs: :top: :kiss::biggrin:
Zweig
Worst injury...... a bad back after bailing mid-air from a decent sized jump :redface:
Never broken any bones (yet :biggrin: ) but my friend broke his wrist snowboarding once. So your pretty famous? I'll wait 'till i win a poker tourament to make up an alias... so that's a long way off then :p: Phoenix Shadow is a wack name, although there's a DJ Phoenix who works at my local radio station... maybe it's you.... :cool:

My friend broke his wrist on Tuesday. Pretty good break too, complete step up on the joint. Combined fracture and dislocation!!:eek:

WAS famous, not any more, cos no one ever knew who I was. I'd be killing everyone on the runs, blasting through the gates, and I wasn't even half as serious about it as some of the guys. There's one photo of me going down at about 60 sticking my fingers up at a load of press people! Photo was on the TV for about 15 seconds :smile: Caption was "Who is Phoenix Shadow?" I was known for being the mess around joker who could actually do it all well. Came 3rd quite a few times, and thought I'd aim for a gold, but in the practice run I caught an edge and just lost it completely. Didn't ride for about a year after that. Now I'm back, with attitude and the Phoenix is rising from the ashes.

Oh, and that DJ ain't me, I can't spin for pennies :redface:

Phoenix Shadow came from a run I did ages ago, and my mate said the rooster tail I was kicking up looked like a trail of fire left in the sky behind a phoenix, so he started calling me Phoenix, and I used that as my boarding name, then I wanted a surname to go with it, and the phoenix is about fire, and fire creates light, so the shadow of a phoenix is something that technically cannot exist yet is present. Look at the shadow from petrol vapours, and that is basically what the shadow of a phoenix would look like. Both light and dark but never grey, like smoke, but finer. Hard to describe really.
Zweig
did you watch it? i was busy watching the hull game, was a mud bath!!! Your lucky, both my teams lost today :frown:
well done on passing ur Bio test :hugs: :top: :kiss::biggrin:

Of course watched both of them...they both won...LOL so they will now play each other in the semi final...so there is an Irish team gaurnteened to go into
the final...........:biggrin: sud be a good derby tho......:p:

Yeah was very happy i passed biology....got my last test back on thursday....LCVP....and i got a whopping 78% on it....so im very happy....:smile: :biggrin: :smile:

well Zweig how are you?? How has your sunday been?? good i hope

:hugs: :kiss: :hugs: :love:
Zweig

I now have a broken hand and chipped hip from attempting a backflip earlier :p:

EDIT: Hospital says they are just bad knocks. Slammed down onto a load of nerves on the back of the hand making the body feel the same way as when a bone breaks, and the hip is just a really nasty deep bruise.
I never broke anything , thank god, and knocks some wood......

some 2nd yr got sick all over our home ec teacher today......hee hee.....hate tat teacher............
Not sure why the bones topic is up... I've broken five fingers in total (damn basketball) and possibly fractured my wrist. All very exciting stuff. I remember as a kid I used to try to make my injuries worse because I wanted a cast so much! Everyone was so "cool" when they were getting their's signed!

Exactly one week until i'm over to Ireland, CAN NOT WAIT!!! There better be some mighty craic. Flying to Dublin for a change, and looking forward to heaving traffic on that bloody ringroad. The roundabout on stilts thingy? I'm sure if ye've been there you'll know what i'm waffling about...
Reply 787
The Canadian
I now have a broken hand and chipped hip from attempting a backflip earlier :p:

EDIT: Hospital says they are just bad knocks. Slammed down onto a load of nerves on the back of the hand making the body feel the same way as when a bone breaks, and the hip is just a really nasty deep bruise.

:eek: :pwnd: :nuts: :broken:

those are just as bad as breaks :frown: At least when u break a bone u get it set in plaster.

*only try backflips in powder* :p:
Topic started with me n Zweig talking about snowboarding. I've only had 1 cast :frown: but I did charge people 20p to sign it and all the money went to charity :smile:

Then a year later one of the girls in the class broke her arm and she had a lime green cast :eek: I broke mine before they had the funky colours :frown:

Oh, and Zweig, I might try on dendix :eek: :eek: but probably not for a little while
Reply 789
so, jojo, u fancy Ken Doherty's chances at the world snooker champs?
Zweig - not really...then again he cud do anything...Im still waiting for the greatest sporting moment in snooker - ie The Whirlwind winning at the Cruible in Sheffield!! & final spots and he has lost them all....but one day.....
Reply 791
Zweig
hmmm...

Barney = newbie
drifter = someone who only side slips
plank ripper = very good boarder

Id have to say im a plank ripper... but i still have lots to learn :biggrin:

Not all provinces are U21 rule? Is whistler?

I don't know if i could shapen my edges up that much :eek: What is seal surfing? Im not too great on the lingo :redface:

Thanks JoJo :biggrin: ill rep u back when i can :smile:

hey plp!!!
Just want to say a kinda of a goodbye to people....i wont be around as much from now i tats all....cheerio till nxt time...whenever tat will be
Reply 793
:thumpdown :frown: why r u leaving us? :bawling:
God this soc has really died???!!! Why??? people why?? Zweig - im tryin to be good n start studin for me leavin cert....i hav done a lot dis week so i logged on 4 a few mins!! ontill nxt time - SLAN
jojo-irish-jojo
God this soc has really died???!!! Why??? people why?? Zweig - im tryin to be good n start studin for me leavin cert....i hav done a lot dis week so i logged on 4 a few mins!! ontill nxt time - SLAN

slán agus ádh mór ort jojo!
Reply 796
hey plp!!!
I think we hav died!!! WHY???????????
Reply 798
jojo-irish-jojo
I think we hav died!!! WHY???????????

NOOOOOO

Call the ambulance :p:
anyway how be u jojo? :smile:
how do i go about joinin the irish society ??

Quick Reply

Latest