The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Irish-Jojo
No they are actually cheaper, not just looking it!!

They had a piece on the news last yr about how many people actually did go across to buy food and beer and stuff like that for christmas rather than buy it in the Republic!!

THere was actually an article in the Irish post, or it could have been the indepentant about how Ireland was dearer on more or less everything compared to the north or Britain. You see the Irish Post is the source of all my knowledge. Its very good at keeping me up to date in the world across the ocean.
Reply 1181
We still go to Monaghan for the petrol, mind you! :p:
Oh it's definitely cheaper in the North. Not that it's cheap, but Ireland is ridiculously expensive nowadays. I'm going to buy a load of groceries and bring them back down with me after Christmas.
Reply 1183
Didn't they do something like that in the 70s?
You buy some sheep in the North for like half the price, put them on a field thats right on the border, wait for them to walk into the South, and bang, there yours, and no import tax to pay.

But hey, I live in Thailand, which is REALLY cheap compared to Ireland and the UK.
Shopping ALL DONE!!
Elevry Sports will be the death of me!! LOL
2 rugby jerseys (munster N Newcastle falcons), a gunniness rugby ball (as you do), IRISH RUGBY FED scarf AND a Columbia jacket, the sking kinda ones that are real warm!! LOL
Irish-Jojo
Shopping ALL DONE!!
Elevry Sports will be the death of me!! LOL
2 rugby jerseys (munster N Newcastle falcons), a gunniness rugby ball (as you do), IRISH RUGBY FED scarf AND a Columbia jacket, the sking kinda ones that are real warm!! LOL

Woo Elverys are so cool. i have them a sponser on my mighty Mayo shirt. I went to buy my shirt and the whole of Castlebar must have been in there wanting one to.

Ive done a lot of shopping on the internet this year saving me from the crowds.

Why a newcastle shirt Jojo.
Reply 1186
Katy200
ive not done any yet i feel really behind. I think ill do it at the weekend after the big game. I think ill go to Manchester. If you know your way its much easier as the arndale has everything under one roof. ill have to get the train as otherwise the traffic is a nightmare, parking at chrsitmas isnt a good idea in Manchester City Centre.

Yup, sometimes I'm glad I live so close to market street, everything I need.:biggrin:
Katy200
Woo Elverys are so cool. i have them a sponser on my mighty Mayo shirt.

Eh dont they sponser eveyones!! LOL

Katy200

Why a newcastle shirt Jojo.

It just looks nice!! I buy alot of jerseys for that reason! Ie my jerseys from mayo, waterford, armagh (ALL GAA)! Plus im from Leinster but i have a munster jersey cause its nice!!!
I support Man Utd, but i have worn a Spurs shirt for the same reason (its not mine tho, a friends).

However, i wud never wear or buy a Kilkenny, Cork or Tipp jersey its goes against my Wexford blood!
And same goes for any liverpool shirts!!

HEE HEE

Does tat long winded explantation help Katy200!!??
Go On Munster!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello
__________________I Have
_________________Come Here
________________To Wish You
_______________Merry Christmas
______________And Also, A Happy
_____________New Year To You For
____________2007... I Hope The New
___________Year Brings You Loads Of
__________Happiness And Good Health.
_________I Hope You Have A Nice Day On
________Christmas Day, Filled With Lots Of
_______Family Time.....And Of Course Eating
______Lots Of Nice Foods, And Candies. I Hope
_____That Santa Is Good To You As Well And He
___Brings You Loads Of Presents On Christmas Day
_________________XXXXXXXX
Reply 1190
Amen.
Irish-Jojo
Eh dont they sponser eveyones!! LOL

It just looks nice!! I buy alot of jerseys for that reason! Ie my jerseys from mayo, waterford, armagh (ALL GAA)! Plus im from Leinster but i have a munster jersey cause its nice!!!
I support Man Utd, but i have worn a Spurs shirt for the same reason (its not mine tho, a friends).

However, i wud never wear or buy a Kilkenny, Cork or Tipp jersey its goes against my Wexford blood!
And same goes for any liverpool shirts!!

HEE HEE

Does tat long winded explantation help Katy200!!??

Looking nice is a good explanation. I would never ever ever where a united shirt or a Kerry shirt just for the reasons i m a mayo and City fan. The united shirt i wouldnt where if you paid me. I have you never thought of investing in a loverly sky blue shirt. Looks very stylish with jeans.

I dont think they sponser everyone. Its the main one across the shirt like where Ireland have O2. I think Its o neills that sponser everyone.

Katy200
Looking nice is a good explanation. I would never ever ever where a united shirt or a Kerry shirt just for the reasons i m a mayo and City fan. The united shirt i wouldnt where if you paid me. I have you never thought of investing in a loverly sky blue shirt. Looks very stylish with jeans.

I dont think they sponser everyone. Its the main one across the shirt like where Ireland have O2. I think Its o neills that sponser everyone.

I meant that Elverys sponsers everyones MAYO jersey not just ur mayo one!! LOL

Yep wexford have wexford creamry!!! LOL

CITY ---- GO A WAY WITH URSELF.........................DIRT!!!!!:biggrin: :p:
Irish-Jojo
I meant that Elverys sponsers everyones MAYO jersey not just ur mayo one!! LOL

Yep wexford have wexford creamry!!! LOL

CITY ---- GO A WAY WITH URSELF.........................DIRT!!!!!:biggrin: :p:

How thick do i feel now.

Im wearing my blue jersey now, :mad: :mad: Pearce has to go, The players wearing it today should be ashamed of themselves.

Munster and Leinster had good wins yesterday. I had a loverly afternoon watching the games.
Yea, Anyone think Munster can retain the Cup????????? No its a bit early and all!

Christmas = one thing!! Sport Yearly Reveiws!!
Irish-Jojo
Yea, Anyone think Munster can retain the Cup????????? No its a bit early and all!

Christmas = one thing!! Sport Yearly Reveiws!!

i thiknk they can, i saw Llanethli play the other day and they are mant to be the favourites i know they were playin Toulousse but they werent that special. sale had a chance but with there injury list and current form not a chance and i dont think Toulousse can qualify. It will be a tough call between the other Irish sides. both are looking in good form Ulster and Leinster.
Reply 1196
lads do you know anyhwere in London I can buy GAA equipment? Namely a hurley and a sliothar. Go raibh maith agat :smile:
TOSCS
lads do you know anyhwere in London I can buy GAA equipment? Namely a hurley and a sliothar. Go raibh maith agat :smile:

nah sorry there might be some at some of the GAA clubs, theres a few in London. Otherwise your best option is the Internet.
Oh less than 48 hours!!!
Reply 1199
Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain Faoi Mhaise.

+xmas+ +hnn+

Quick Reply

Latest