The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

^^ I quess its true............EVERYTHING you need REALLY is under the tree at Spar!! LOL

So how are you keepin Katy200
Woo well I did history and will be doing Irish history and politics with the focus largely on studying identity.

IE: only interesting if you're a fellow geek. hahahaa

How about you?
I loved history...if i had of got PE teaching I wud have chosen it as my second subject....but i got sports sceince instead............
hehe quite a combo contemplated there..

yeah history rocks (as i keep telling my friends)...especially if you have the ability to talk endlessly around the topic just like me.hehehe

How's sports science working out for ya?
I left my 1000 post here, so im goin leave the 2000 one now as well hee hee
Reply 1385
Goldfish296
Woo well I did history and will be doing Irish history and politics with the focus largely on studying identity.

IE: only interesting if you're a fellow geek. hahahaa

How about you?

That sounds like what I want to do. I can't be bothered with british and american politics, I just want to do irish and northern irish :biggrin: sounds interesting, is that at queens?

Jojo, 2k posts, congrats :wink:
^^ Thank You Jim-ie!!
wOOt to you Jim-ie!

Yeah I got interested in it when studying cultural history (ballads, chapbooks and woodcuts) at Queens then architectural history and how it reflects national identity at Dundee.

The course is up at Ulster...if you're looking to do this sort of area in your postgrad only really there, Brighton and Dundee offer similar courses so was a toss up between Belfast and Dundee for me really.

Jojo-similar congratulations!!! have a diamond thingy:suitd:
Reply 1388
Aah, I see then. Lookin forward to goin back to belfast then I take it :biggrin:

Go go politics geeks.
strangely enough yeah-think it'll be good to actually 'do' belfast as a proper student..

yay

Hehe ah man-politics was fun in first year...the art of talking for long enough til you get there..just like history actually!!
^^ Goldfish296 Thank You for the diamond thingy!!! :smile:
Irish-Jojo
^^ Goldfish296 Thank You for the diamond thingy!!! :smile:

2000 posts, i've a long way to go.

Its the NFL Final today at Croke Park, Mayo V Donegal. I can't see us winning to be honest.m
Katy200
2000 posts, i've a long way to go.

Its the NFL Final today at Croke Park, Mayo V Donegal. I can't see us winning to be honest.m

Hehe bit closer than me though...well keep going and you'll get your diamond eventually:p:

I miss irish sports...shinty's not as much fun
After seeing Jerry Flannery on monday evening....I walked past Paul O'Connel on the thursday!! Hee hee!! :smile:
blimey, before long your'll have seen the whole Munter line up. Who do you think will be next. I saw Rupert Hill, Jamie Baldwin in Coronation street on Saturday in Manchester again. The last time i saw him was St Paddy's day. Nopt as exciting as the great Paul O Connell.
Well Im hoping it will be Stringer!!! My fave player...........Id settle for O'Gara
Reply 1396
Why cant I bump into Liam Gallagher or sommat?

Although in Belfast I did walk past one of those big wrestler dudes, bald head, forget his name.
Ive also meet Mick Lally (Miley in Glenore) and Michael O Murtichigh and got their atuographs....................LOL..........................Im just a lucky person I quess!!
Reply 1398
Jo, I need to be in that cool list of yours :eek:
^^ OMG your not in it!!??
Sorry, i havent changed or added to it in ages.....Im on to it now tho!! Am I in yours?? LOL

Quick Reply

Latest