The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Okay new topic so I can talk to the others in here!!!

Double GAA weekend!!! The Hurling semifinals will be sorted by sunday evening!!!

Who will it be this year!!!??

Wexford/Tipperary -V- Kilkenny/Galway

AND

Waterford/Cork -V- Limerick/Clare
I want to join!!!!!Im irish, well my mums side is but i dont really hang around with my dads side, so ive been brought up on irish influences.
Anyone here do irish dancing?I do :smile:
Also.. anyone on here go to the Leeds Irish Festival last week??
xx
Irish-Jojo
Okay new topic so I can talk to the others in here!!!

Double GAA weekend!!! The Hurling semifinals will be sorted by sunday evening!!!

Who will it be this year!!!??

Wexford/Tipperary -V- Kilkenny/Galway

AND

Waterford/Cork -V- Limerick/Clare

Probably will be Tipp/Kilkenny

Cork/Limerick ;yes;
Reply 1583
My dad played Gaelic Football for Limerick when he was a youngin I think.
Reply 1584
and we all know who will win the hurling this year :cool:
deej
and we all know who will win the hurling this year :cool:

i think Tipperary and Kilkenny and Cork and Limerick.

Are these the games that were supposed to played a while back but the postponed them as the Kilkenny goal keepers wife died in a car crash.
Hee hee MY COUNTY (Wexford) came good yesterday!! I had the feeling I had back in Leinster Semi Final 2004 V Kilkenny! When we surprised everyone and beat them!!! I love Fitzy!!!
Katy200
i think Tipperary and Kilkenny and Cork and Limerick.

Are these the games that were supposed to played a while back but the postponed them as the Kilkenny goal keepers wife died in a car crash.

Yes it was meant to played last Sunday 23rd of July!
Irish-Jojo
Yes it was meant to played last Sunday 23rd of July!

I thought it was

And whats all this about St Paddys Day being Moved in 2008, its going to be on the 15th. Whtats that all about?
Reply 1589
Katy200
I thought it was

And whats all this about St Paddys Day being Moved in 2008, its going to be on the 15th. Whtats that all about?

Hopefully 15th to the 17th...

The 15th is probably the Sunday, and as such the celebrations will be on the 15th but I dunno.
deej
Hopefully 15th to the 17th...

The 15th is probably the Sunday, and as such the celebrations will be on the 15th but I dunno.

Paddy's Day is 17th thats it!

Besides the 17th is national hoilday anyways! But the following monday wud be the bank hoilday....maybe their making the monday before so it wud be a four day weekend??
Reply 1591
Everyone would just celebate it on the 17th anyway.
So All Ireland Hurling Semi Final Between Wexford N Kilkenny!!??

Who will win?
Reply 1593
kilkenny
^^^ If you were trying to get back in my good books! That chance is gone now
Reply 1595
Aw *******s.

I'll have to wait til next time!
Where is everybody from here gone??
I have been in Birmingham just got back like 20 minutes ago. Wexford did do well i really didnt think they would win that. It will be tough v kilkenny though in the semis, I'll cheer for the jojo, seeing as Mayo got themselves knocked out, Grr!
Katy200
I have been in Birmingham just got back like 20 minutes ago. Wexford did do well i really didnt think they would win that. It will be tough v kilkenny though in the semis, I'll cheer for the jojo, seeing as Mayo got themselves knocked out, Grr!

Good Choice!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1599
C'mon wexford..

Quick Reply

Latest