The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Is it on RTE or sommat?

I dont have a TV, need to get one soon :frown: but I could go for entering a supermacs chicken nugget eating competition :| starving at the minute waiting on my dinner to cook.
Yeah it's usually on RTE.
Reply 1782
Cant get it here, unless I move to the west coast of wales :wink:
Jim-ie
Cant get it here, unless I move to the west coast of wales :wink:

Awww Supermacs, the memories. My little cousin was addicted to that place.

I was at the game on Saturday went home for the weekend. Back in Bangor now.

I have a TV but it doesnt work as there is no signal.
Reply 1784
Where did you sit?

I was handing out wee anti racism badges to earn my ticket, dont suppose you got one? Got my ticket and was just off right at the corner. Immense spot.
Jim-ie
Where did you sit?

I was handing out wee anti racism badges to earn my ticket, dont suppose you got one? Got my ticket and was just off right at the corner. Immense spot.

I was level three in the east stand row S right at the top. I had a great view.

Steie Ireland [played great i really don't know whats up wth him and the national squad at the minute.
Reply 1786
Ah right. I was on K row.

Daddy dick played well but theres a lot more pressure playing internationally and honestly I think he knew it was going to be a lost cause anyway. I'd rather he not play so he doesnt get injured.
good point although he is the only person who has scored for Ireland in recent matches. I gave up on Robbie Keane along time ago.

How long do people think Stan will last as they are claiming its the players fault more.

EDIT - just checked the news apparnetly his contract was terminated this morning by mutual consent. 3 names on the list as favouritesw are OLEary - NOOOOOOO, Souness - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and Roy Hodgson - no idea who he is.
^^ Who actually cares anymore!?
Reply 1789
There are only a handful of fellas worthy of the job, one of them is already managing sunderland and wont be interested.

So Stan is gone, thank ****.

Nah Jo I dont care anymore, I've gave up on the national team and resorted to supporting Northern Ireland, they're slightly better these days but I wonder how long that would last.
good point actually, i don't actualy know why i am interested. I should no by now supporting Ireland means disapointment so its best off not bothering.
Reply 1791
and you'll not have much more luck supporting england it seems :wink:
Jim-ie
and you'll not have much more luck supporting england it seems :wink:

No way, I would NEVER do that no matter how bad Ireland got.
Reply 1793
Do you have an English accent Katy? Just wondering :wink:

I was like that with NI for ages, refused to support them, but theyre better than ROI these days. Supported Italy from day one in the world cup and my faith paid off.
I really want to know what it says on Jim-ie's profile...(well, in English)

A bit random...but there you go :p:
Reply 1795
I'll translate it cuz I'm bored.

Bio:
I'm from Belfast but I live in England now for university, I like football (man city), speaking irish, politics, reading political books and i have a love for drink, but im no alcoholic.

Where you study:
Manchester metropolitan university

Academic Info:
**** all good.

Interests:
I'm a nice fella

mod edit: dont post email adresses :smile:

:wink:
Ah, ok, thanks! :smile:

I also want to study politics in Manchester!

Well, sort of...:p:

I'm going to apply for Politics and Modern History at the Uni of Manchester.

But that and the Met are like on the same road!

:p:
Reply 1797
Yeah its class. The whole road is full of feckin' students so its so cheap.
Jim-ie
Yeah its class. The whole road is full of feckin' students so its so cheap.

I do have an English acent, well a mancunian one. I know i was born in Manchester and should support England but Day one in my house the football rugby and any other sport has been Ireland. Thats why i support them. I have since a kid i don't see why i should change. I am not being what my uncle calls a "plastic Paddy" about the whole thing.
Reply 1799
Sounds fair! Can't resist our charm eh? :wink:

We've been raped by Chelski. anyone mention the score and i'll break their neck. Sven the **** are you doing putting hart on in a team against drogba and lampard, he cant handle that yet.

Quick Reply

Latest