The Student Room Group

Feel Like I'm On Drugs... And I'm Not...

So lately I've been having spells where I feel 'high', as it were, usually when I've had caffiene, or am playing or listening to music. I feel kind of out of it, it's slightly dream - like and not really scary, but I'm just wondering does anyone else have this? I'm used to it with music but not just at random moments.

Oh and I have A.D.D, but these aren't really like when I go off into my own world.

Thanks

x

Scroll to see replies

I had something similar the day after i took ecstasy, could not stop tapping my foot for hours. Literally felt like i had to move to some music haha.
Original post by Chicharito14
I had something similar the day after i took ecstasy, could not stop tapping my foot for hours. Literally felt like i had to move to some music haha.

Haha well I guess I feel like I'm on ecstacy then, but I've never even taken any drugs lol :dontknow:
Good news is you don't have to try the real thing for the effects!
Original post by Chicharito14
Good news is you don't have to try the real thing for the effects!

Haha woohoo : D
Yh like the others have said well sort of, you most prob just have the feeling naturally no substance required.

Just go with the flow and enjoy it nothing to worry about :h:
That's awesome!!! The money you save...
Reply 7
Could be psychosis, onset of bipolars or schizophrenia. Does your family have a history of mental illness?
Original post by Stefan1991
Could be psychosis, onset of bipolars or schizophrenia. Does your family have a history of mental illness?

It's not that extreme. It's happening right now, and I'm able to be pretty much aware and alert. As it happens, my family does have a history of mental illness. I see a psychologist, she has made it clear that any psychological issues I have are very minor.
Reply 9
Are you on Ritalin/Methylphenidate?
Original post by buzzcat
Are you on Ritalin/Methylphenidate?

No : )
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by idontthinkso
That's awesome!!! The money you save...

Haha : )
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
So lately I've been having spells where I feel 'high', as it were, usually when I've had caffiene, or am playing or listening to music. I feel kind of out of it, it's slightly dream - like and not really scary, but I'm just wondering does anyone else have this? I'm used to it with music but not just at random moments.

Oh and I have A.D.D, but these aren't really like when I go off into my own world.

Thanks

x

This is what you call mania.

When you hear people talk about manic depression you probably think its one thing.
in fact mania and depression are two separate components.it sounds to me like you have mania.the up part. Just like me.

The worst thing is when I'm on the bus listening to my tunes.I think I make weird expressions. ***** sometimes find it a bit strange.
Original post by Stephen857
This is what you call mania.

When you hear people talk about manic depression you probably think its one thing.
in fact mania and depression are two separate components.it sounds to me like you have mania.the up part. Just like me.

The worst thing is when I'm on the bus listening to my tunes.I think I make weird expressions. ***** sometimes find it a bit strange.

I actually know quite a lot about it, for various reasons : )

Did you read my reply fom before? Seeing a psychologist, only minor psychological issues? lol

x
Reply 14
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
I actually know quite a lot about it, for various reasons : )

Did you read my reply fom before? Seeing a psychologist, only minor psychological issues? lol

x

If your psychologist doesn't know that you have had either symptoms of depression or symptoms of mania, they wouldn't realise that there was a problem.

From what you've described however, it doesn't sound like mania.
Mania for me manifests as needing very little or no sleep for days at a time, racing thoughts, extra creativity, paranoia, excitement, arrogance etc.

Your symptoms may well just be your body reacting to a sugar rush or caffeine, or just be you using your imagination.
Listening to fast music makes us walk faster than if we listen to slow music. Maybe it's related to that.
Caffeine happens to be my favourite drug (out of caffeine, alcohol and weed), because it gets me really high with no ill effects (apart from some minor heart troubles :flute:). Although, without meaning to sound pretentious, I would not consider myself to be a particularly normal person (I'm sure most people I've met would agree with me), I've experienced exactly the same things you've experienced in the OP and never considered them to be particularly odd. As far as I can see, people are just wired to experience different drugs and situations differently, and if you happen to get high off of music then good for you (I do the same :biggrin:).
I am having this right now and I am bipolar ADHD. Have you found out what it is? I'm jitterey can't stop talking crazy thoughts sleep walking all kinds of crazy stuff and feeling like I'm on speed. I had a dream I thought was real and realized it wasn't. I'm currently going threw a marriage separation and just turned 30 so I know the onset but it was like all of a sudden it happened. I can't call down and don't do drugs. What could this be? Is it my bipolar? ADHD? Something else.... I can't sleep without sleep walking, can't eat more than once a day or i feel sick? I even want to take a drug test. Idk what's going on
****ebag
I totally feel like this . It’s happened before and just went away without me noticing. I wonder if it’s to do with depression or anxiety
I occasionally feel high and talk a lot (unusual for me I'm usually thinking about stuff rather than talking to people about it). I'm not sure why as I don't have any medical conditions or mental health issues I know of and have never had coffee/energy drinks. I also fiddle with my fingers more and my leg jumps more than usual (although I already do them loads fiddling most of the time).

Quick Reply

Latest