The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tehforum
Just need to type lots of words, at a fast rate,

It gets me pumped... until I see an Americanism.

Then I scream.

Agree.

7 close guesses, only for the answer to be some wierd Americanism? /Rage :colonhash:
Reply 1781
Original post by rugbygreg

Original post by rugbygreg
ooo tough luck with the offer increase, I went on the 2012 course guide and hoped my course went up but alas it was still AAB, not that it would have had any direct impact but just because it would have made me feel better.

I looked into doing a politics degree funnily enough, but essay writing really isn't my greatest strength so I decided against it in the end, history on the other hand is the A level I regret taking the most, not because of the content but the fact my teacher was abysmal I have a feeling that with a good teacher I could have been following that to degree level.

I'm really looking forward to the politics side actually, getting to be more excited for it than the history side! I think it's because it's one of the best departments for politics in the country :P

I know how you feel about history though, I only chose it at degree level after I realised that my second year teacher was 100x better than my first year teacher, and that I could actually do well in it. But I mean, it's meant to be that you're doing Economics now though :smile:
Original post by DellaLouise
:parrot: :love:

:yep:

not enough people are loving the :parrot:

:teehee:
Reply 1783
Wow, at this rate, we will have gotten through alot of marks!!!
:colone:

When should I take my LNAT?
Anytime before December?

Whenever you want! But make sure that it's as early as you're comfortable with as some LNAT unis give offers/rejections in order of receipt.

I did mine in October...
Reply 1785
Google Adobe Shockwave.

Then update your shockwave player.

Just did that!
Original post by sr90
Agree.

7 close guesses, only for the answer to be some wierd Americanism? /Rage :colonhash:

Is it possible to create a custom room that has the Queen's English?
Reply 1787
Original post by advice_guru

Original post by advice_guru
Can I just wish everyone who is getting their results the best of luck! I hope your results truly reflect the hard work and knowledge you guys have. God bless.

Awh thank you :kiss: :chaplin:
Original post by Bobbler
Haha at least I don't live in the Shetland Islands, it was 12 degrees there today and it constantly rains :P.

I hate how everyone is like "It's Grim up North" I just want to say COME AND VISIT. it's BEAUTIFUL (most of the time) :P

Went to Scotland and obv had to go up north, and admittedly it is nice :tongue:

Just not as nice as the south :colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by casiogeek

If i could have .gif's on here, it would be my profile picture thingy..

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Sherlock is so damn awesome. :ahee:
Reply 1791
Can anyone tell me some funny FB pages? One of my friends could do with some cheering up, so I plan to spam his newsfeed with them...
Original post by Bobbler
I'm really looking forward to the politics side actually, getting to be more excited for it than the history side! I think it's because it's one of the best departments for politics in the country :P

I know how you feel about history though, I only chose it at degree level after I realised that my second year teacher was 100x better than my first year teacher, and that I could actually do well in it. But I mean, it's meant to be that you're doing Economics now though :smile:

Yeah for politics Sheffield is the nuts by all accounts, my economics teacher was actually the best one I've ever had. It's strange how teachers can completely change your perception of a subject.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Whenever you want! But make sure that it's as early as you're comfortable with as some LNAT unis give offers/rejections in order of receipt.

I did mine in October...

Yeah, the deadline for Ox/Cam applications for me is September... so should I do it then?

Or any time BEFORE the interview?
Original post by casiogeek

Millie's a superlightweight?! :awesome:
Reply 1795
:parrot:
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Sherlock is so damn awesome. :ahee:

I love how they flash information up on screen (when he gets text etc).
Is it possible to create a custom room that has the Queen's English?

We had UK words last time. Still had a few wierd ones slip through though...

:pierre:
Original post by AmiB
Just did that!

Update your browser.

Restart your browser.
Reply 1799
Original post by NapoleonDynamite

Original post by NapoleonDynamite
Went to Scotland and obv had to go up north, and admittedly it is nice :tongue:

Just not as nice as the south :colondollar:

You're just not going to the right places :wink:

I love the North :P I just hate the stereotypes that we're all thick. As soon as people realise I say coke properly and say mam, people think of me differently :P

My boyfriend had a flatmate from Plymouth who was surprised I got As and was even doing A levels because of my accent :frown:

Latest