The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

KCL offer held

Hey you guys, I applied for Econ to KCL this year. I got a 34 with a 775 , missed the offer by one grade and they’ve held my offer . Anyone else who has offers held at KCL??
Original post by Anonymous
Hey you guys, I applied for Econ to KCL this year. I got a 34 with a 775 , missed the offer by one grade and they’ve held my offer . Anyone else who has offers held at KCL??
Hello, sorry quick question(s) :

Are you an IB student?
Have you been waiting for KCL since IB Results Day?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Yeppp:frown:. If they do reply do u think they’ll reply by the 18th or 19th of august or does it take longer
Original post by Tinky1234
Yeppp:frown:. If they do reply do u think they’ll reply by the 18th or 19th of august or does it take longer

I would hope you should get confirmation today (18th)

Was this your firm university?
Have you met the offer conditions for your insurance?
Yes this was my firm , I have met the conditions for my insurance
Original post by Tinky1234
Yes this was my firm , I have met the conditions for my insurance

Okay so the good news is that even if KCL don't accept you then you are still placed. :smile:

I'd say if you haven't heard by 12 tomorrow, contact KCL and ask. :yy:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous

Hi! Similar situation for law this year. I got 39 with 665- needed 766. Do you mind sharing your outcome? I have also been told to wait till August 17th A levels result day
Original post by Noctkul
Hi! Similar situation for law this year. I got 39 with 665- needed 766. Do you mind sharing your outcome? I have also been told to wait till August 17th A levels result day
Have you met the conditions of your insurance?
Reply 8
Original post by 04MR17
Have you met the conditions of your insurance?

Nope missed...needed 666. But planning for Australia as backup. But thought there is a good chance for king's given that this year IB results have fallen worldwide. No just depends upon how A-level guys do..
Original post by Noctkul

Omg same.. my offer for PPE is being on hold because they wanted a 667 and i got a 665
Original post by Noctkul
Nope missed...needed 666. But planning for Australia as backup. But thought there is a good chance for king's given that this year IB results have fallen worldwide. No just depends upon how A-level guys do..
Being honest, I doubt you will be offered a place at your firm uni but your insurance would likely take you I suspect.
Reply 11
Original post by 04MR17
Being honest, I doubt you will be offered a place at your firm uni but your insurance would likely take you I suspect.

Have you heard of King's accepting for missed conditions or clearing or other course alternatives? Sooo many people missed their conditions this year from IB- hoping it might make a difference
Original post by Noctkul
Have you heard of King's accepting for missed conditions or clearing or other course alternatives? Sooo many people missed their conditions this year from IB- hoping it might make a difference
I lose track of individual behaviour each year, but the gap between your grades and the KCL offer isn't small. You would be wise to plan for a rejection. Or if you'd consider it, you could ring up and ask to switch to thr same course but with a foundation year.

Quick Reply

Latest