The Student Room Group

Footlights??

Scroll to see replies

drsmeeth
my favourite bands play at reading every year but i'd never go...I am a woman who needs a toilet. And by toilet i don't mean portaloo, hole in ground or a water bottle with a funnel.
I've been the last 2 years, despite not loving the line up either time. The music is secondary to the campsite raves and random scary people doing weird things.

Go this year, you won't regret it (and there are showers there - I've never used them though).

The toilets are indescribably foul, if you don't hold your breath you will be sick.
Reply 41
I would regret it. I should be working abroad this august anyway. and WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT THE TOILET.
Yeah they're pretty awful, I tend to go out in the mornings to Debenhams to have a number 2...

Your loss.
Reply 43
not really. it's too expensive, really gross, i would only like a few of the bands and everyone would be crazy. I'd rather just go see individual concerts.
Reply 44
Reading is good if you're getting paid.

As for not liking any bands you could hang around in the Carling tent and discover exciting new talent. Or something.
Reply 45
May I just say that I am absolutely delighted that this (and ,dARE I say it, my) thread has delineated so much from my initial intention. I think it is an acurate representation of how one my oral conversations actually goes. Truely Shandian! We have included footlights, daniel radcliffe, bestiality (of sorts), and now, the merits of pissing into a bottle. If this is what Cambridge is really, like, I think i'm going to pack in my job at HSBC (am on GAP year), and come early, just to savour the intellectually rigourous debates one can have, even if i have to live in a cardboard box outside my new home (St Catz) to do so! :smile: (properly not being sarcastic, I promise!!!)
It's true! Last night, for example, my friends and I were discussing the existance of God, Monty Python and who we would meet if we had a time machine...
Supermerp
Reading is good if you're getting paid.

As for not liking any bands you could hang around in the Carling tent and discover exciting new talent. Or something.
Meh the Carling Stage is full of bloody indie bands (I've been there twice over the last two years - The Go! Team intentionally which was brilliant and The Raveonettes which was a drunken mistake).

All about the dance tent my man...

--------------

Toscar
May I just say that I am absolutely delighted that this (and ,dARE I say it, my) thread has delineated so much from my initial intention. I think it is an acurate representation of how one my oral conversations actually goes. Truely Shandian! We have included footlights, daniel radcliffe, bestiality (of sorts), and now, the merits of pissing into a bottle. If this is what Cambridge is really, like, I think i'm going to pack in my job at HSBC (am on GAP year), and come early, just to savour the intellectually rigourous debates one can have, even if i have to live in a cardboard box outside my new home (St Catz) to do so! :smile: (properly not being sarcastic, I promise!!!)
Well I don't actually go to Cambridge (I'm a bloody poolee that has yet to hear anything) so you can disregard my contribution (yup - that'll be the pissing in the bottle out then).
Reply 48
You don't go to Cambridge... I don't suppose you would consider sharing my cardboard box for a bit so we could truely recreate this convo? Pissing into bottles just isn't the same when its not face to face, I always find.
poolie, as in liverpool?.... i'm sorry. Maybe one day you'll grow out of it.
Toscar
You don't go to Cambridge... I don't suppose you would consider sharing my cardboard box for a bit so we could truely recreate this convo? Pissing into bottles just isn't the same when its not face to face, I always find.
poolie, as in liverpool?.... i'm sorry. Maybe one day you'll grow out of it.
Nope as in I applied to Cambridge and was placed in the inter-collegiate pool.

I'm a London lad.
Reply 50
oh sorry . good luck
where in london -im from highgate - or that general area.
Toscar
oh sorry . good luck
I'm from Sydenham, tis in south-east London.
Toscar
oh sorry . good luck

ooh, I'm from tufnell park, so not far away.

MB
Reply 53
Nice - are you going to be down from cambridge in the period before I go up next oct - i have a really long list of questions to ask , and if you like, we could go chat on KT overland station - still have so many memories of water/aftershave(blinding!) fights on platform 3.
Original post by Toscar

Hello, I'm going to Catz this October! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending