The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Melana
Surely it would be completely unfair to change the grade boundaries based on how well the average person did? If everyone ended up doing brilliantly, they couldn't change an A to 24 could they? Surely that would just be the same as having the A* grade for A level!?

I think that's how they do it. For example, one year an exam paper may be easy (more people get higher raw marks) and they therefore push grade boundaries up because of this. That's what I was under the impression they did.
Reply 101
Yeah they do that with all exams
Reply 102
i get 16 in my practise essays sometimes and my teacher always puts 'A' by it. oh god i hope it is an A because I don't think I got any higher than that on my essays, especially not the adolecence one, how harsh was that question? there's hardly any research into it unless you bring in the theories, which I did cuz I couldn't remember enough studies. here comes a big fat U. :frown:
Reply 103
I did relationships, Biological rhythms sleep dreaming and also adolescents, personality and gender development, i thought the exam was quite easy wot did everyone else think?
Reply 104
on the agression question i delved off into media and agresssion halfway through social psychological theories of aggression. eewww crap. and I made up a few criticisms. :eek:

Latest

Trending

Trending