The Student Room Group

Easiest Optional Topics in AQA A-Level Psychology

Hi, I'm currently retaking AQA A-Level psychology, externally without actually going into college. I was wondering which of the optional topics you think are the easiest to learn/revise/talk about etc. based on the amount of memorisation and case studies and researcher names. I did Forensic Psychology, Schizophrenia and Gender last year and want to know if there's easier/shorter topics that I could do instead because I know I struggled with Forensic Psychology quite a bit.
Schizophrenia is the shortest topic and thus has the least content, I also recommend relationships because it is relatively quite straightforward. If you want the exampro questions I used to get an A* check here: https://alevelsresources424893.wordpress.com/2018/06/21/aqa-a-level-psychology-exampro-exam-questions-sorted-by-topic-for-year-1-as-and-year-2-a2/

And the notes I used: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/aqa-a-level-psychology-16m-essay-plans-11925039
@Sinful Delight ^^

The poster above is reinforcing that schizophrenia seems to be simple.
Original post by dyingstudent101
@Sinful Delight ^^

The poster above is reinforcing that schizophrenia seems to be simple.

Meaning I don't need many brain cells? Perfect.

Thank you so much for this! They also recommend relationships.....
Original post by Sinful Delight
Meaning I don't need many brain cells? Perfect.

Thank you so much for this! They also recommend relationships.....

Yep. From what I have heard from friends relationships is easy just boring. But do gender! Well do it together and you’ll enjoy it
Original post by phantomdiarrhea
Schizophrenia is the shortest topic and thus has the least content, I also recommend relationships because it is relatively quite straightforward. If you want the exampro questions I used to get an A* check here: https://alevelsresources424893.wordpress.com/2018/06/21/aqa-a-level-psychology-exampro-exam-questions-sorted-by-topic-for-year-1-as-and-year-2-a2/

And the notes I used: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/aqa-a-level-psychology-16m-essay-plans-11925039

Thank you so much!!!
Original post by dyingstudent101
Yep. From what I have heard from friends relationships is easy just boring. But do gender! Well do it together and you’ll enjoy it

Schizo, gender & relationships? We got this! 💪🏽
Original post by Niztheshizzler
Schizo, gender & relationships? We got this! 💪🏽

No, you have to choose between Gender and Relationships. :frown:
Hey so we're just working our way through the topics we've picked in our psychology class. My teacher is an examiner for AQA psychology and told us that stress is such a short and simple topic, we're nearly finished with it already and we've only been doing it for a week. We've also down relationships and will do forensic psychology later. She said that schizophrenia is an interesting option but it takes awhile to teach and can be quite huge so you might have to do more reading around the topic to get the best marks on it in the exam.

I would reccomend stress and relationships for sure, but it's all down to what you believe you could do best in on the day of the exam.
Original post by Niztheshizzler
Hi, I'm currently retaking AQA A-Level psychology, externally without actually going into college. I was wondering which of the optional topics you think are the easiest to learn/revise/talk about etc. based on the amount of memorisation and case studies and researcher names. I did Forensic Psychology, Schizophrenia and Gender last year and want to know if there's easier/shorter topics that I could do instead because I know I struggled with Forensic Psychology quite a bit.

Hey! So your prob done with a level pscy now but I am going into Year 13 through online school and was wondering which topics you ended up doing and how easy are they? like seriously I need the easiest ones out there. I was thinking of forensic but you said u struggled so no for me ahah. hope u reply :smile:
I have these options
Option 1
9 Relationships
10 Gender
11 Cognition and development
Option 2
12 Schizophrenia
13 Eating behaviour
14 Stress
Option 3
15 Aggression
16 Forensic Psychology
17 Addiction
Reply 10
Original post by itsmeleila23
Hey! So your prob done with a level pscy now but I am going into Year 13 through online school and was wondering which topics you ended up doing and how easy are they? like seriously I need the easiest ones out there. I was thinking of forensic but you said u struggled so no for me ahah. hope u reply :smile:
I have these options
Option 1
9 Relationships
10 Gender
11 Cognition and development
Option 2
12 Schizophrenia
13 Eating behaviour
14 Stress
Option 3
15 Aggression
16 Forensic Psychology
17 Addiction

schizophrenia for the win but absolutely whatever you do for your own sake avoid addiction it is so so long and complicated and there's a bunch of complicated and useless stuff at the end (thats my experience anyway)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending