The Student Room Group

(Poll) How should the rioters be punished ?

Poll

What should be done ?

So a couple of hundred rioters have been caught and are under prosecution.

"The magistrates said that their powers of punishment were insufficient in the light of the fact that the offences were committed during a riot, which amounted to a "substantial aggravating feature". "

I think a strong example should be set to show that there will be harsh consequences for looting and violence. No more of this weak nonsense.

They should also be made to repair and rebuild all those buildings and shops they so wantonly destroyed. Correct discipline needs to be restored.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pineapples shoved up there ass?
Reply 2
They should clear up (under supervision and with a ball chained to their ankles in a black and white striped outfit) their mess before they start their very long jail sentence
Reply 3
Hanged, drawn and quartered.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
I think they should burn down their own houses (without the possibility of gov't help of rehousing), before cleaning up the mess themselves. And a medium-length jail sentence.
Reply 5
Have molten plasma televisions poured down their throats.
Reply 6
I think they should be forced to clean up the mess they've made and pay for the damage they've caused.
Reply 7
definitely clean up and rebuild, maybe a little jail for some of the worst offenders

they'd better all get a criminal record out of this even the 11 yr olds
If you only knew what some of you sanctimonious idiots sound like (the extreme ones). Christ. The rioters all get grouped in together, and alot of ****wads are calling for them all to be killed. Those who set fire to people's homes and small businesses, well I don't care either way what happens to them.

But young teens or people in general, getting caught up in the historical scenes and seeing shops wide open and their contents on offer? Stop going on as if these people are really that bad or as bad as the muggers, murders and arsonists please.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I support the harshest punishment possible though it makes me wonder, if these people get criminal records especially for this offence who would hire them if they choose to reform.
Reply 10
Original post by Macnoob
Pineapples shoved up there ass?

That's a waste of perfectly good fruit - they should use a cactus instead.
Reply 11
Set them free
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
I think fines would do, you know, some of it could be transferred to the victims. Maybe.

that's only because we don't allow corporal punishment in this country though.
Reply 13
Hang them
Burned at the Stake :colone:
Reply 15
wow...if the results are serious, then people on TSR are just... just... well...
Have a large chunk taken out of their pay packets/dole money every month for the rest of their lives to pay back for the damage they've caused to the economy.

I'll also support a long jail sentence and being made to clear up.
Reply 17
Original post by el scampio
They shouldn't be punished at all.

It's the police who should be punished, for murdering an unarmed man, beating and sexually assaulting a minor, and inciting a national riot.

Because innocent men carry firearms.

Beating a minor....I assume you are talking about the 16 year old girl? This is after she had been pelting the police with bricks for 20 or so minutes. Little sh!t got what she deserved.

The only reason that these riots have started is because nobody is scared of the police anymore. We live in a world which has become too PC, and it is inhumane to do things which would sort this crap right out.
Reply 18
cutting willies off seems a gd idea to me...
With deadly lasers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending