The Student Room Group

Long Term Effects?

So basically what do you think the long term effects of these riots are going to be?

- Racial segregation (due to generalisations from riots)
- Economy collapse
- Further lack of trust in youth (due to generalisations from riots)
- Lower reputation of Britain abroad
- Further Class segregation/tension

These are all I can think of so far, so do you have any other ideas?
Hmm in terms of the racial issue, I think the general normal British public have realised that it was a mix of races. The racist will remain racist, however tolerant British people opinions will not change.
Reply 2
So basically what do you think the long term effects of these riots are going to be?

- Racial segregation (due to generalisations from riots)

Not really, we have already summed up that this is a class issue not a race issue, any correct thinking British person will be aware of this, especially with the photos from Manchester. This is not a racial problem this is a chav problem. I think only a person who was already racist will see photos of black and white chavs looting and decide to ignore the white one's and make this a racial issue.

- Economy collapse

Economic collapse is a little dramatic. Economy is in a bit of a mess anyway.

- Further lack of trust in youth (due to generalisations from riots)

True.

- Lower reputation of Britain abroad

Most other countries are hypocrites, the canadians rioted this year over a hockey match, each company has it's own problems. If they look down on us, oh well. Considering the Olympics are coming up I think if we can deliver amazing presentation then, our reputation shouldn't suffer too much.

- Further Class segregation/tension

THIS. Now I hate chavs even more, they have proven to lack any form of ambition or respect for soceity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending