The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

I was also wondering how much work you guys have done for ukcat prep. I feel like ive done so little.

I do an hour of medify a day then 2 hrs of book stuff.

How hard do u guys work?

Im just worried. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by robotboy96
I was also wondering how much work you guys have done for ukcat prep. I feel like ive done so little.

I do an hour of medify a day then 2 hrs of book stuff.

How hard do u guys work?

Im just worried. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Starting tomorrow hoping to do early September
Hi guys i gave my UKCAT YESTERDAY i got

Vr-450:frown:
Qr-710
Ar-670
DA-570
And BAND 2 in SJ
I m a international applicant do i stand a chance to get into medicine my A LEVEL SCORE IS VERY GOOD I DID SOME SOCIAL WORK ALSO I HAVE A LOT OF EXTRA CO CURRICULAR CERTIFICATES ALSO WILL ALL THIS BE ENOUGH?? Plz help:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Atham
I am not getting Kaplan. Exam in two weeks, and I read that some people were afraid of the DA in medify not being representative.

I would say that out of all of them, DA makes the most sense to me.
i meant Kaplan the book btw, not the course!
Original post by Yatin03
Hi guys i gave my UKCAT YESTERDAY i got

Vr-450:frown:
Qr-710
Ar-670
DA-570
And BAND 2 in SJ
I m a international applicant do i stand a chance to get into medicine my A LEVEL SCORE IS VERY GOOD I DID SOME SOCIAL WORK ALSO I HAVE A LOT OF EXTRA CO CURRICULAR CERTIFICATES ALSO WILL ALL THIS BE ENOUGH?? Plz help:smile:

It's a decent score but maybe not competitive enough for an international. Have you considered sitting the BMAT in November?
Reply 1985
Original post by idklol
i meant Kaplan the book btw, not the course!

I also meant the book. It will take a while until it gets to my country, and it will already be too late. But thanks anyway.

I want to get the timings done properly. Is this good target timing:

VR - 30 sec/question
QR - 40 sec/question
AR - 15 sec/question or 1 minute/set
DA - 60 sec/question
SJT - 20 sec/question

The reading comprehension is tough on Medify. How representative is it of the final thing?
(edited 8 years ago)
Is the ukcat the same for everyone or does everyone's test vary with questions? If so, will difficulty levels be the same for everyone?
Original post by cr1mson
Is the ukcat the same for everyone or does everyone's test vary with questions? If so, will difficulty levels be the same for everyone?

Questions are selected 'randomly' from a huge bank of questions, so everyone's questions will be different, however the difficulty overall will be similar (but may vary slightly depending on luck haha)
Original post by hectors
it's a decent score but maybe not competitive enough for an international. Have you considered sitting the bmat in november?

do you think i should??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yatin03
do think i should??

You won't loss anything nor cause any harm so might as well give it a shot :smile:
When are your guys ukcat test? And how ready are you?

Mine's in 3 weeks and im so scared.

Just wanna know how people are.
Original post by Yatin03
do you think i should??

Well, most applicants do so, i can't see why not
Original post by robotboy96
When are your guys ukcat test? And how ready are you?

Mine's in 3 weeks and im so scared.

Just wanna know how people are.

Mine is roughly in a month (8th of September) and I've only done some revision from tge official site, but I read from some people on here that if you revise from medify and the kaplan book , three weeks should be enough. Hope this helps, sorry im not an expert :tongue:
Reply 1993
Where can I find the official mocks? Since this is just practice packs: http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/menu.aspx?pack=2a35c9e1-ef11-449f-9762-3d5a3692550f

Crap, 2 hours of work just disappeared. NOOOO Oh well. I got like 24/28 for DA, which is what I remember the best. I messed up the QR. I was surprised, since the questions were a bit more cumbersome than medify on the practice.

though I still cannot find a mock where I get a score out of 900. Can someone send me a link to the UKCAT official ones?
(edited 8 years ago)
If my exam is on the 18th at 4pm how much revision should I be doing a day do you all think? I don't wanna burn out but I also wanna be top of my game!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I did an official UKCAT practice test just now, and although it showed me the questions I got correct and incorrect, I couldn't work out how to find the score I got. Or does it not tell you what your score would have been? Thanks if anyone can help :smile:
Original post by Atham
Where can I find the official mocks? Since this is just practice packs: http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/menu.aspx?pack=2a35c9e1-ef11-449f-9762-3d5a3692550f

Crap, 2 hours of work just disappeared. NOOOO Oh well. I got like 24/28 for DA, which is what I remember the best. I messed up the QR. I was surprised, since the questions were a bit more cumbersome than medify on the practice.

though I still cannot find a mock where I get a score out of 900. Can someone send me a link to the UKCAT official ones?

http://practice.ukcat.ac.uk/pages/menu.aspx?pack=2a35c9e1-ef11-449f-9762-3d5a3692550f
Reply 1997
I did those, but pack 4, and it is the same questions. I did A, but I only go percentages, and not a score out of 900.
Original post by HCAssistant93
If my exam is on the 18th at 4pm how much revision should I be doing a day do you all think? I don't wanna burn out but I also wanna be top of my game!

Posted from TSR Mobile

4pm is pretty late. I would watch a film or something to try and distract myself. Mine was at 12pm and beforehand I ran through 3 or 4 AR sets and then read a newspaper to get my mind working. Definitely don't do anything too mentally strenuous.
Original post by sarahreads
So I did an official UKCAT practice test just now, and although it showed me the questions I got correct and incorrect, I couldn't work out how to find the score I got. Or does it not tell you what your score would have been? Thanks if anyone can help :smile:

Original post by Atham
I did those, but pack 4, and it is the same questions. I did A, but I only go percentages, and not a score out of 900.

You don't get a score. For a crude measure of your score you can do

((no of correct questions/ no of questions)*600)+300

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending