The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

i'm so pissed my QR average in the mocks can't go above 600 wtf ugh
Original post by HCAssistant93
Sorry to bother you! What was your average overall and is the QR easier than mocks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

665 Band 1

Er it's just luck what questions you got in the day
I feel like they were harder where as most people felt they were easier although I got 760 on it
Was the QR for the real thing easier than the official mocks as most people have said the official mock QR is much harder!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

QR on the mocks is harder.
My family is taking me to Bali to celebrate my birthday the night after my UKCAT, If only I can manage getting a good UKCAT score in the morning life would be complete…. sigh.. good luck to everyone :heart::heart::heart::heart:
Original post by maariammk
My family is taking me to Bali to celebrate my birthday the night after my UKCAT, If only I can manage getting a good UKCAT score in the morning life would be complete…. sigh.. good luck to everyone :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Don't no life it practising for ukcat, work on your technique rather than questions, after a certain time it won't make a difference if your technique is ****
Original post by frozo123
665 Band 1

Er it's just luck what questions you got in the day
I feel like they were harder where as most people felt they were easier although I got 760 on it

That's a good score!

Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah I got amazing advice to get Band 1
Read the gmc guidelines

this is for everyone who hasn't done it

basically 2 MAIN RULES
1. CHEATING NOT ALLOWED WHATSOEVER
2. PATIENT SAFETY COMES FIRST

those two cover like 90% of the questions, should get you band 1

er for the other 4 sections, I didn't do too well on the VR or DA
but for QR learn some shortcuts before the exam I forgot what they are but google them for ukcat - 760
AR Use acronym STARR I forgot what it stands for but google it - 810

Thank youuuuu

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by windnamer27
I'm studying chemistry with a medicine personal statement :smile:

Really?? Where are you studying chemistry? Did they ask you to change your personal statement for chemistry or did you get in with the medicine one? Also just wondering how much about chemistry did you include in it??:smile:
Reply 3988
Any changes made from last year ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real UKCAT:
VR: 820
AR: 810
QR: 860
DA: 690

Medify medium mock:
VR: 880
AR: 880
QR: 750
DA: 600

Am I the only one that finds DA the worst?!
Reply 3990
Original post by Binkyg23
Real UKCAT:

Medify medium mock:

Wow congratulations!!
I'm the opposite, find DA the best (800s) and QR and VR worst! Enlighten me on the technique you brain box! Are you 4 or 5 year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Real UKCAT:

Medify medium mock:

Wow amazing score!!!
How were the sections compared to official mocks for you?

What did you use to prepare and any general tips?

You got similar scores to medify but they're usually very skewed so well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tw781
Wow congratulations!!
I'm the opposite, find DA the best (800s) and QR and VR worst! Enlighten me on the technique you brain box! Are you 4 or 5 year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha thanks, 5 year hopefully😁
VR literally read as fast as humanly possible, if the passage is long then I just skim for key words related to the question and if I'm running out of time. I found there were a lot on history in my real thing, so pay attention to Roman numerals after names etc.
QR only use the calculator if you have to for big numbers etc. otherwise make use of the whiteboard and mental maths. I never read the spiel about the figure before the question go straight to the question and then check the spiel for any relevant numbers that aren't in the figure. Always be careful with units and make an educated guess if you're pushed for time ☺️
(edited 8 years ago)
I got a really weird score :
VR: 480
QR: 740
AR: 700
DA: 570
Is this good or not ? Kinda hard to tell

Average 622.5 overall 2490
Reply 3994
VR literally read as fast as humanly possible, if the passage is long then I just skim for key words related to the question and if I'm running out of time. I found there were a lot on history in my real thing, so pay attention to Roman numerals after names etc.
QR only use the calculator if you have to for big numbers etc. otherwise make use of the whiteboard and mental maths. I never read the spiel about the figure before the question go straight to the question and then check the spiel for any relevant numbers that aren't in the figure. Always be careful with units and make an educated guess if you're pushed for time ☺️

Well good luck now you can apply to anywhere and get accepted! That's what I'm doing with QR so at least it's the right technique! Can I ask what you did for AR?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so bad at the history ones I feel like they're so long winded. I don't know how people can do mental maths of 1456/0.28 for a percentage? Like how? I feel like your more likely to make mistakes?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a good score!

Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was last year where average was 625. It varies year to year.
This was last year where average was 625. It varies year to year.

Are you applying for 5 year?

Tbf over 650 is a competitive score! A lot of people would be happy with that. Don't be hard on yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muchensmile
Real Ukcat
VR 620
QR 730
AR 840
DA 690
Medify mock Medium
VR 600
QR 700
AR 600
DA 700
So quite similar in terms of QR, VR and DA.

Hey how long left of medify u got left, I'll pay u to let me use the remaining

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone has there medify subscription time still left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending