The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

got 2510 overall and 627.5 average however band 3 :/ , as levels abbc and epq (predicted a) A2 predictions are A*AA , gcse 5A* 6A 1 B not sure if my ukcat will hinder me any opinions?
TWENTY PEOPLE HAVE >850 FOR THEIR UKCAT????? Aw man, this year's average is going to be so high...
Original post by dbeith
got 2510 overall and 627.5 average however band 3 :/ , as levels abbc and epq (predicted a) A2 predictions are A*AA , gcse 5A* 6A 1 B not sure if my ukcat will hinder me any opinions?

omfg you are Basically same everything! Where you applying and what were your AS's?

Me AABBC :frown: C in Geography which is the AS I am dropping.. and the other B is critical thinking which is not accepted as a AS ... so that limits my choices ALOT .... (Most ask for B in as droped :/ )
Original post by Anonymous7654321
does anyone know roughly the split between true/false/can't tell and reading comprehension questions on the actual UKCAT for VR? thank you..

Its reckoned to be an 80:20 split... 80% comprehension, 20% T/F/CT
Reply 6524
How accurate is using the times the percentage by 600, and adding 300 to get a score? And how close is the medify QR and AR to the real thing?
anyone have any tips for the night before/the morning of the test? :smile:
Reply 6526
Original post by madmed16
TWENTY PEOPLE HAVE >850 FOR THEIR UKCAT????? Aw man, this year's average is going to be so high...

It's crazy right?! I just did mine yesterday and got 640 and I thought that was really good and then these guys just tear the UKCAT to pieces!!
Original post by butterfly123456
I did my UKCAT y'day and got average of 730:
with
VR: 650
QR:810
Abstract: 740
DA: 720

Could I still apply to King's , which is pretty UKCAT heavy

Undergrad? Yes graduate? Possibly yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oak16
It's crazy right?! I just did mine yesterday and got 640 and I thought that was really good and then these guys just tear the UKCAT to pieces!!

Come on, don't be silly. It's clearly people who have just ticked the option to troll. From my records, there are six people in this thread who have a score over 800. According to the poll there is 40. I find it hard to believe.
Original post by Oak16

Last year people randomly clicked on that score on this thread when thy hadn't sat it! Don't worry the TSR is also skewed to reflect the better half of scores

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Last year people randomly clicked on that score on this thread when thy hadn't sat it! Don't worry the TSR is also skewed to reflect the better half of scores

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, did you use medify at all? What did you get in their mocks?
Original post by Oak16

I know haha! Aw well done - you did do well!
Reply 6532
I know haha! Aw well done - you did do well!

Thank you so much! The UKCAT is the least favourite part of the process for me so I am beyond ecstatic to have it done. Have you done yours yet? Are you applying as an A2 student or graduate?
Original post by HCAssistant93

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, people must have lied now that I think about it as according to the UKCAT data, the highest score last year was 3380...
Original post by Oak16
Thank you so much! The UKCAT is the least favourite part of the process for me so I am beyond ecstatic to have it done. Have you done yours yet? Are you applying as an A2 student or graduate?

I'm glad you got over that hurdle then! Yeah, I got 712.5! But you have done much better than most people I know! I'm not an English applicant - I'm Scottish, and applying as an undergrad. What about yourself?
@liam__ Did you do the medify mocks? What did you get in them?
Reply 6536
I'm glad you got over that hurdle then! Yeah, I got 712.5! But you have done much better than most people I know! I'm not an English applicant - I'm Scottish, and applying as an undergrad. What about yourself?

Wow! Congrats that is incredible. You must have worked so hard. It is such a relief to have it done. I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm applying as a graduate for undergrad courses. Really hope I get in this time
Wait hold on, during the real ukcat exam, there are 20% of T/F/can't tell?

Please someone tell if that's true or not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GrandMasti
Hey, did you use medify at all? What did you get in their mocks?

I can't remember now and in away!! But I remember doing better on medium than on easy and the hard one was hard. I can't remember the Kaplan conversion though either cod I know the Medify scores are weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Oak16
Wow! Congrats that is incredible. You must have worked so hard. It is such a relief to have it done. I'm from Northern Ireland and I'm applying as a graduate for undergrad courses. Really hope I get in this time

Aw thank you :smile: I hope you do too! If you don't mind me asking, what course did you study?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending