The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by student_room2
Urgent question, can you add, subtract, multiply, etc on calculator in real exam using side keys and num lock, like on a normal desktop computer keyboard

Yes you can don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeehwan34
I swear universities couldn't care less about which band you get for SJT. Correct me if I'm wrong.

At Leicester it's a virtual interview station, so will affect your final interview score.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh well, not applying to Edinburgh, Nottingham or Leicester anyway
VR 460
QR 700
AR 680
DA 610
SJT band-3
612 average

is this enough for foundation medicine?
i got BBBC in AS.
Original post by shiney101
Are the QR questions from the 600Q ukcat book representative to the real thing?

The QR is harder than the real thing. I used just that book and I did well but if you've got the means to use other resources then do it. The book isn't trash, it's just a bit outdated - some people forget that not everyone can buy all the test packages on the market.
The VR is different to how that book portrays it, it has lots of reading comprehension now, not just true/false/can't tell. But the AR, QR and DA are all serviceable enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I got 727.5 average and Band 2 SJT. Except Edinburgh will this band 2 affect me negatively in any way or do most places not care about it?
Anyone got any tips on how to get better at da questions were you have to figure out what the best word to use would be

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been using the UKCAT book 2015 by James Tomkins.
Has anyone else used this book?
Is the real exam similar to the questions in this book?
Original post by muchensmile
Band 2 is good! I got band 2 too :biggrin: However check the unis some may look at it, most don't, I know Dundee certainly doesn't use it to select students, but they may see your sjt skills at interviews

Thanks! yes I was happy with band 2 but then i told my teacher and she was like "oh" lol so it got me panicking!

Might just have to check by emailing!
I know most of them just say that as long as you have not got band 3 or 4 they don't mind, as far as I'm aware.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Woohooo it's mah 18th birthday :biggrin:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Don!
I just got 620 average on my first mock and I am so upset with it .. I feel like I should just give up. I need a score in the 700's!!!!!

I only have 12 days untill my exam! Was anyone else in this position and ended up doing well? How did you do it? WHAT NOW :s-smilie::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by bulkybros100
Can someone tell me if the Kaplan Practice Tests are representative of the real thing?

Because I've been struggling with timing for the VR, QR and occasionally AR, and it's dragging my score down :frown:

do you have to pay for the kaplan practice tests? if not could you give me a link :biggrin:
Original post by Cpj16
Happy Birthday Don!

Thank you so much :biggrin:!
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Just a quick note:
I'm a school leaver (I'm 18)
GCSE: 2A*, 7A
AS: ABBB
A2: ABBBa
UKCAT: 650 average
Offer: received yesterday for 2015 entry

This just shows that you don't need amazing grades, you only need to apply to your strengths :smile: don't get downhearted as you CAN apply to medicine, this just shows that it's possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be so pleased getting an offer yesterday :biggrin:
Guys got it on the 21st would 4 hours a day and 10 hours a day on weekends be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by harmer1998
I just got 620 average on my first mock and I am so upset with it .. I feel like I should just give up. I need a score in the 700's!!!!!

I only have 12 days untill my exam! Was anyone else in this position and ended up doing well? How did you do it? WHAT NOW :s-smilie::frown::frown::frown:

Haha dw, I got like 626 on my first mock :lol: I got 800 in the real thing. All you need to do is PRACTICE. Don't despair, work hard and you'll do well :h:

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Thank you so much :biggrin:!

Happy birthday dude! :biggrin:
Original post by thechemistress

Happy birthday dude! :biggrin:

Thanks Suzy :biggrin:
Original post by johnnyh5421
677.5 average band 1 in UKCAT, was wondering if it would be safe to apply to nottingham and maybe barts? got A*A*A* prediction at A level. 5A* 4A 1B at GCSE

Applying to bars would be really good for you because of the way they pick with those predictions it will be great. Actually don't apply because I'm applying :smile: Just kidding
Original post by muchensmile
You must be so pleased getting an offer yesterday :biggrin:

I am :smile:
I got 660 in my ukcat :/
7 A* 3 As
AAAA in bio,chem,maths,econ at AS level

Do i have a chance at getting into dentistry this year at barts, kcl or sheffield?? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending