The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HCAssistant93
Pretty sure erasable!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard it was non-erasable so you have to keep asking for more boards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having strong timing issues in all of the official UKCAT mocks for QR. Please tell me this isn't as big of an issue in the real thing.
Original post by converseallstars
Having strong timing issues in all of the official UKCAT mocks for QR. Please tell me this isn't as big of an issue in the real thing.

I had the exact same problem in my mocks but the real QR was far easier to manage time wise. It was actually my best section which was really surprising. But I would still recommend practicing it as much as you can.
Reply 1183
Original post by converseallstars

I don't think it's a big issue, at least I hope it isn't because if it is then I won't do very well on it! I think they key is just to practice practice and practice. Firstly, I started off doing the questions to the best of my ability regardless of time. Once that was to a good enough standard, then I tried to do the questions under time pressure. After that, it's just knitting the 2 together. I know, given enough time i can get the answers, but under time that's obviously different and you just have to get used to it to prepare.

The best tip I can give is to not panic. If a text is long or incredibly dull with complicated words, just skip it and return later. Do the easy bits to the best of your ability and you should be fine.
Original post by Bloom77
I heard it was non-erasable so you have to keep asking for more boards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

May depend on the tEst centre. When I did it last year I was given a tissue

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just wondering, in the decision analysis section can they use symbols instead of numbers to represent the codes.?
any advice for QR? I'm really slow at it and It takes me way longer than I should be spending on each question I do 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ssn2125
any advice for QR? I'm really slow at it and It takes me way longer than I should be spending on each question I do 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile

Using 600q book? If so then don't worry 600q questions for QR are more complicated.
Reply 1188
Is 615 average a good score and i got band 2 for situational judgement, will unis still accept this?
Original post by muchensmile
Using 600q book? If so then don't worry 600q questions for QR are more complicated.

Yeah I'm using the 600q book haha, any other books I should get that are more realistic? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marie farie
I heard that no score will be calculated for decision analysis and the average will be based on the other sections. Is this true?
Decision analysis is one of the few I am consistently good at.

send us the source, i dont think its true but it would be great to know where you heard this from :tongue:
Original post by shooting_stars
Hey guys, you know the whiteboard we get in the exam, is it erasable or non-erasable?

my friend did it and hers wasnt so i think it depends :afraid:
Original post by newt1
Is 615 average a good score and i got band 2 for situational judgement, will unis still accept this?

That is an average score, and some unis may accept you (I don't know which ones I'm afraid). How was the test? Was it like mocks/kaplan book/other sources?
Reply 1193
Hi guys,

The score for decision analysis will be definitely calculated, only confidence ratings will not contribute to the score.
'Results for Confidence Ratings will not contribute to the Decision Analysis score and will not be communicated to the Universities to which you apply'.
Original post by Amber8
Hi guys,

The score for decision analysis will be definitely calculated, only confidence ratings will not contribute to the score.
'Results for Confidence Ratings will not contribute to the Decision Analysis score and will not be communicated to the Universities to which you apply'.

So do you think that means we can just put whatever for the confidence ratings to prevent wasting time >.>?
Reply 1195
Original post by Don Pedro K.
So do you think that means we can just put whatever for the confidence ratings to prevent wasting time >.>?

I am pretty sure we can! I read in one of the preparation books that some students do that just to save time and that is what I am going to do myself :smile:

good thinking i think we are one step ahead :colonhash:
Original post by Amber8
I am pretty sure we can! I read in one of the preparation books that some students do that just to save time and that is what I am going to do myself :smile:

Yeah same might just out 4 for everything haha xD That way, I don't seem TOO overconfident but not doubtful either hahaha! When is your exam?
Reply 1198
Yeah same might just out 4 for everything haha xD That way, I don't seem TOO overconfident but not doubtful either hahaha! When is your exam?

Agreed! I will do the same! Mine is on 19th Septmeber.. and yours?
Original post by Amber8
Agreed! I will do the same! Mine is on 19th Septmeber.. and yours?

September 1st :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending