The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maariammk
I registered to take my UKCAT on August 19 and now I feel like it's too early ughhhh is anyone else taking it anytime soon ?

Lol, I have mine on the 11th August (sad times for me -.-) If that makes you feel better :P
I registered to take my UKCAT on August 19 and now I feel like it's too early ughhhh is anyone else taking it anytime soon ?

I registered mine 11th of August and I'm not regretting it. I just want to get it over and done with.
Original post by Jack XY
Well that was a waste of a month :l.

VR 600 (WTF never dropped below 700 in practice mocks)
QR 700
AR 740
DA 710

SJT Band 1

687.5 Avg

GL to anyone else

well done though, still a strong average for 5 year.
Original post by jenniferuttams
Thanks 587.5 :frown: .. exam next week

Aww dont worry you can do it!! When did you start revising, and what resources are you using atm??
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 18.55.55.png

Can anyone explain this logic? The divide by 2 confuses me!
Original post by BioStudentx
I registered mine 11th of August and I'm not regretting it. I just want to get it over and done with.

How ready do you feel? I have it on the same day as you :tongue:
Original post by Elhamm
How ready do you feel? I have it on the same day as you :tongue:

Meh not too bad. I keep procrastinating. My brains shutdown since exams :s-smilie:. What about you?
Original post by Elhamm
Aww dont worry you can do it!! When did you start revising, and what resources are you using atm??

Ive been using medify for nearly a week, went on a course 2 weeks ago, started with the 600 book but dont use it anymore, and i have the 2016 entry 1000 qs book
Original post by Don Pedro K.
Anyone else not stressed about results day because of this UKCAT thing xD? I've not thought about it at all really and I just realised that there's only 15 days to go ahaaha xD

I'm torn between stressing about results, my current lack of a PS and the UKCAT :lol: And they said that summer was going to be relaxing :rolleyes:
Original post by thechemistress
I'm torn between stressing about results, my current lack of a PS and the UKCAT :lol: And they said that summer was going to be relaxing :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the BMAT

Spoiler

Original post by thechemistress

Haha ikr they're like "OWKAY U DO DE UKCAT, VRITE PERSUNAL STATMENT AND DO VULONTEERING ALSO OK??? Oh, and do make sure to have a nice, relaxing break so you can come back rejuvinated!!! ^_^ ^_^"

Like w0t. :frown:
Original post by BioStudentx
Can't wait for the BMAT

Spoiler

Oh gosh, don't remind me. I may actually cry :cry2:

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Haha ikr they're like "OWKAY U DO DE UKCAT, VRITE PERSUNAL STATMENT AND DO VULONTEERING ALSO OK??? Oh, and do make sure to have a nice, relaxing break so you can come back rejuvinated!!! ^_^ ^_^"

Like w0t. :frown:

hahahaha, exactly :lol: As if we're going to have any time to relax :lol: Then we'll go straight into the stressful year that is year 13. It will be a miracle if we survive honestly xD
Original post by HCAssistant93
Screen Shot 2015-07-29 at 18.55.55.png

Can anyone explain this logic? The divide by 2 confuses me!

I think it's using pythagoras, if the diagonal is 120m, the 120 squared=2a^2 , so to get a^2 (the area of square) you divide by two. Hope that's right!

Edit: 120=2a^2 because it's a square, so both sides are the same, hence instead of c^2=b^2+a^2 it can be just c^2=2b^2
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MAnnaMM
I think it's using pythagoras, if the diagonal is 120m, the 120 squared=2a^2 , so to get a^2 (the area of square) you divide by two. Hope that's right!

I knew it was to do with pythag but just couldnt work it out! that makes sense thanks :smile:
I knew it was to do with pythag but just couldnt work it out! that makes sense thanks :smile:

Love how we have 30 seconds for a question like this, ridiculous :biggrin:
Despite results day and ukcat looming, speaking to people going through the same ordeals (in terms of revision) has been somewhat comforting. Good luck everyone :h:
Hey guys, i SERIOUSLY do not get how they worked this out. How did they work out the times :s-smilie:
Reply 1597

14th August. I have been in nursing homes, red cross training and doing extended essays that I did not have that much time. I have about 15 or so days left. Now that I have the extended essay cleared, I will focus more on the UKCAT.

I think the VR can be one of the easiest if you get the right passage. You have to search for key words and that is it. The comprehension is a bit annoying to do, but you have to search key words.

Same thing with DA. Either you get a really good sentence, or a crappy one. With DA you go by the process of elimination and it becomes much easier. Think of it as a game.

The QR you just have to know when to skip questions that are fiddly and will take too long. Do others, there are a lot more to do.

AR can be good, unless you overcomplicate things. If you take too long, just skip. Try to avoid neither if you can, although it may be tempting.
I just bought the online Kaplan course! Purely for the extra practice papers. I need all the practice I can get. Need to be ruthless with cutting down QR questions and need to improve my VR!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just bought the online Kaplan course! Purely for the extra practice papers. I need all the practice I can get. Need to be ruthless with cutting down QR questions and need to improve my VR!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kaplan is really good! I find it useful, let me know what you think of it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending