The Student Room Group

* MEGATHREAD * - UKCAT 2016 Entry Discussion Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Don Pedro K.
Nope we all get different "exams" so to speak as the questions are pulled out of a giant database :biggrin:! However, people will probably get the same question now and then just by pure chance!

Ah I see :smile: Thank you!
@Amoey Can you tell me how you went about VR? I am really struggling on it :frown:
I have two weeks until my test as of tomorrow, and almost finished my Kaplan material, so thinking about getting Medify!
Can someone tell me how many questions/mocks you get and how much it'd be for 2 weeks?
Seeing that people still get 3 or 4 T/F/CT passages makes me feel so much better, I literally thought that this year we'd be lucky if we got 1!
Original post by MAnnaMM
I have two weeks until my test as of tomorrow, and almost finished my Kaplan material, so thinking about getting Medify!
Can someone tell me how many questions/mocks you get and how much it'd be for 2 weeks?

2 weeks = £35, you get three mocks apparently (which you can only do once) and you get over 2,500 questions I think! And you can do the questions over and over and over and over and - you get the point.

Someone better confirm this though because I am only getting Medify today so I am not 100% sure xD
2 weeks = £35, you get three mocks apparently (which you can only do once) and you get over 2,500 questions I think! And you can do the questions over and over and over and over and - you get the point.
Someone better confirm this though because I am only getting Medify today so I am not 100% sure xD

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by HCAssistant93
So you can do alt +N to go to next question? Did it work on your Mac cos it doesn't for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It didn't work on my Mac, no, but it'll work on the day! For now just use your mouse to move back and forth (it's quite annoying, I know). Alt+C for the calculator, Alt+N for the next page/question, Alt+P for the previous page/question... what else I suspect that there was a shortcut for "end exam" and "end review" but I can't remember, sorry!
For the QR section in the actual UKCAT, is there a lot of information before the actual question like in the first practice test on their website?
IT'S SO ANNOYING :frown: Flipping chicken nuggets and cheese.

LOOL "I ain't flipping no chicken nuggests and cheese bruh :tongue: "
What have you been getting so far?
what score is everyone aiming for??
For QR in the actual exam, can they ask you a set of questions which relies on answers from previous questions? Like the first question is a price, then the next one being a discounted price when 10 tickets are added?

Because I am doing the online Kaplan QR and this is the case and if you can't do the first bit then you're ****ed! So is the case in the real thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blobfish13
what score is everyone aiming for??

I'm hoping for about 750
Original post by Whizbox
I'm hoping for about 750

Do you want to do medicine or dentistry and where are you applying??
Original post by Blobfish13
Do you want to do medicine or dentistry and where are you applying??

Medicine at Leeds, Southampton, Newcastle or Bristol
Original post by Whizbox
Medicine at Leeds, Southampton, Newcastle or Bristol

I was at the Newcastle Open Day and it was lovely. Good luck.
Original post by Elhamm
LOOL "I ain't flipping no chicken nuggests and cheese bruh :tongue: "
What have you been getting so far?

Around 670 :/ But can't get into 700 :frown:
Original post by Whizbox
What about Southampton and Newcastle?

Yeah those too, all the UKCAT unis rank graduates solely on their UKCAT score - which makes getting an interview tricky unless you are amazing at UKCAT. Obviously after interview they just use your interview score.

When I say this I am taking into account the fact that you have to meet basic requirements I.e work experience and a 2:1 bachelors (or whatever the basic requirements are I can't remember exactly - I think some have A level requirements like chemistry) - but yeah as long as all these requirements are met then they rank just on UKCAT - they don't seem to care if you have a 1st or a 2:1 they don't really seem to care either about the number of A's at A level. Many have admitted to not reading personal statements as anyone could have written them so yeah it's just UKCAT :frown:
Original post by HCAssistant93
What do you mean that is all they rank you on? So for Kings or Wawrick? They don't look at your UKCAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I mean they ONLY look at your UKCAT! For grad entry anyway (once you have met basic criteria of degree classification and work experience)
Does anyone have any tips for AR block questions (ie groups of random blocks form a 4x4 square, or a 5x5 L shape that is two layers thick)?
Reply 1799
Original post by MickyVee
No I mean they ONLY look at your UKCAT! For grad entry anyway (once you have met basic criteria of degree classification and work experience)

Work experience isn't a basic requirement. They will immediately reject anyone who doesn't meet the UKCAT cut off, then they look into that stuff, then give interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending