The Student Room Group

Intercalation

Scroll to see replies

I don't know how i feel about intercalation, i didn't intercalate personally, but i do think it is a bit of a joke you can get in 1 year what most people come to uni ONLY to do
Original post by Beska
Yup.

Thanks for the confirmation, but can you tell me what is the difference except the length of time?
Original post by NinjaRikki
but can you tell me what is the difference except the length of time?

Nothing.
Reply 23
Hi

I replied in management Imperial last year...
Original post by Carpediemxx
I don't know how i feel about intercalation, i didn't intercalate personally, but i do think it is a bit of a joke you can get in 1 year what most people come to uni ONLY to do

I am aiming to do one. I am coming to the conclusion that if you get the opportunity to do one you should take it. Especially with more and more people opting to do them and certain unis producing graduates who all have intercalated degrees/two degrees, you are up against them in the job market.
Does intercalation give you a full BSc degree (I've seen it referred to as iBSc, just wondering if that meant it wasn't a full BSc or just a way of showing it's intercalated)?

So if you intercalated in Genetics for example, would that degree be equivalent to someone who did a 3 year Genetics degree?

Also, a quick question about electives - when are these taken? I know its final year but just wondering at what time of the year or if it's summer holidays
Original post by studentnumber2
Does intercalation give you a full BSc degree (I've seen it referred to as iBSc, just wondering if that meant it wasn't a full BSc or just a way of showing it's intercalated)?

So if you intercalated in Genetics for example, would that degree be equivalent to someone who did a 3 year Genetics degree?

Also, a quick question about electives - when are these taken? I know its final year but just wondering at what time of the year or if it's summer holidays

Have a read here :

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/A_Brief_Guide_to_Intercalated_Degrees

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending