The Student Room Group

TSR Class Of 2011 Society MK1

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Kidms001
No, not really at the moment. Maybe closer to the time when you start to think about what type of flatmates, but surely those are just nerves and will turn out to be completely unfounded? :dontknow:

Do you have any in particular? :hugs:

Yes i'm sure they are just natural anxieties. Just the fact I have 5 weeks before it starts and have so much stuff to sort :s-smilie: also desperately hoping to find people on my wavelength!
Original post by dknt
I think they just suddenly died :tongue: I really can't remember. I was like 4 when we gave the fish tank away. It was huge. From what I can remember we had an Angel fish (I think) and maybe two killifish? honestly, I may just be making up these fish and had like 1 gold fish in a small bowl.

Everything seems more exciting when you're 3. :emo:

Wow! I bet that was amazing! :nutcase:

I only have 8 piddly fish (about 2 cm) in a 26L tank :moon:
Original post by Pheebs1201
Pfft my cats called Duncan. Cheers little brother...

Thats an awesome name!
Original post by sr90
If you go say, £200 overdrawn you'll end up only having to pay back £200, not £200 and whatever else is added on in interest (which can be a lot). I guess it depends what ur looking for really, big overdraft limits aren't for everyone.

Personally i'll be amazed if i reach the £1500 or so maximum limit there is with Lloyds!

Think I've settled on Lloyds now
Original post by casiogeek
Yeah ive had the same one since i was 16. Im with Halifax atm, dont know if i can be bothered to change aha..i dont understand all this 0% interest free overdraft :confused: Im not very clued up on it all :colone:

Halifax maximum overdraft is bigg...but most people don't get that, dependant on credit rating...
Original post by magpie09
Yes i'm sure they are just natural anxieties. Just the fact I have 5 weeks before it starts and have so much stuff to sort :s-smilie: also desperately hoping to find people on my wavelength!

5 weeks is a very long time! :yep:

Considering you'll have nothing to do, just take it easy, write a list, check the TSR list and gradually buy bits and bobs. Maybe even pace it so you only have minimal stuff to buy in the last week? If you are working, it'll be slightly more tricky, so take this weekend to write a list and check the list on TSR and go on a spending spree at weekends. The list will be a great way to make sure you don't forget anything or overspend on anything :h:

As for people on the same wavelength, you'll be going to university with tens of thousands of other people. You will have your halls, your course and your societies to find friends of the same wavelength, so there is no need to worry :h: .. Which uni are you going to if I may ask?
Original post by sr90
Thats an awesome name!

You're a Guinness man eh? :sexface: .. Thanks for the rep, I'll return it when I can :h:
Reply 386
5 weeks is a very long time! :yep:

Considering you'll have nothing to do, just take it easy, write a list, check the TSR list and gradually buy bits and bobs. Maybe even pace it so you only have minimal stuff to buy in the last week? If you are working, it'll be slightly more tricky, so take this weekend to write a list and check the list on TSR and go on a spending spree at weekends. The list will be a great way to make sure you don't forget anything or overspend on anything :h:

As for people on the same wavelength, you'll be going to university with tens of thousands of other people. You will have your halls, your course and your societies to find friends of the same wavelength, so there is no need to worry :h: .. Which uni are you going to if I may ask?

Thanks so much for these calming words!! St Andrew's which is the reason I am worried about fitting in. Where are you heading ? :smile:
You're a Guinness man eh? :sexface: .. Thanks for the rep, I'll return it when I can :h:

Oh yes. Had my first pint on Paddy's Day this year and i've been making up for lost time :wink:

Original post by AlexInWonderland
Think I've settled on Lloyds now

Halifax maximum overdraft is bigg...but most people don't get that, dependant on credit rating...

Yeah its looking like Lloyds for me as well :smile:
Thanks so much for these calming words!! St Andrew's which is the reason I am worried about fitting in. Where are you heading ? :smile:

No problem, worries are natural so we, on this thread, are here to help :yep:

Here's that list I promised from TSR. Try read the article as a whole as it is quite boring :colone:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University

St. Andrews is a great university! It's very enclosed and so will have a very homely feel about it when you've settled down. Which subject?

I'm off to Warwick myself. To study Chemical Biology for which there seems to be no-one else alive that's going to study it :colonhash:
Original post by sr90
Oh yes. Had my first pint on Paddy's Day this year and i've been making up for lost time :wink:

Yeah its looking like Lloyds for me as well :smile:

Will either apply online or drag myself into town tomorrow, no point dwelling on it anylonger. Probably not that much difference between them anyway.

Haha at the Guinness discussion again. I almost had a pint yesterday, but decided against it! (last experiment drink I had was totally disgusting)
Reply 390
Will either apply online or drag myself into town tomorrow, no point dwelling on it anylonger. Probably not that much difference between them anyway.

Haha at the Guinness discussion again. I almost had a pint yesterday, but decided against it! (last experiment drink I had was totally disgusting)

I am not lieing when I say Guiness will change your life.
Original post by sr90

Marvelous. Couldn't stand the stuff when I tried it a few years ago, maybe it's time to try it again... :holmes:

I think thats almost guarenteed whatever university you end up at. As long as you're a sociable person, you will make plenty of friends. Everyone i know who has been to uni has said exactly the same to me.

Keeps popping up doesn't it :lol:

I can assure you, you will not be let down.
I am not lieing when I say Guiness will change your life.

Original post by sr90
I think thats almost guarenteed whatever university you end up at. As long as you're a sociable person, you will make plenty of friends. Everyone i know who has been to uni has said exactly the same to me.

Keeps popping up doesn't it :lol:

I can assure you, you will not be let down.

I am an ale drinker, so I don't think Guinnes should be to big a step.
Next time I'm in the pub...maybe :ninja:
Reply 394
No problem, worries are natural so we, on this thread, are here to help :yep:

Here's that list I promised from TSR. Try read the article as a whole as it is quite boring :colone:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/What_To_Take_To_University

St. Andrews is a great university! It's very enclosed and so will have a very homely feel about it when you've settled down. Which subject?

I'm off to Warwick myself. To study Chemical Biology for which there seems to be no-one else alive that's going to study it :colonhash:

That's amazing, congratulations on that! I have seen a fair few people on here going to Warwick. Hahaha i have a very similar problem with Geology, I sometimes don't even know why I chose it myself :colondollar:
Reply 395
I am an ale drinker, so I don't think Guinnes should be to big a step.
Next time I'm in the pub...maybe :ninja:

If anything i'd say guiness is a step down from ale so you should like it. Does anyone here have any guiness merchandise?
That's amazing, congratulations on that! I have seen a fair few people on here going to Warwick. Hahaha i have a very similar problem with Geology, I sometimes don't even know why I chose it myself :colondollar:

Haha! I'm sure you will love it :h: .. Right, I'm probably gonna log off and prepare for bed, so I'll catch you tomorrow should you want to chat :wink:
Reply 397
Haha! I'm sure you will love it :h: .. Right, I'm probably gonna log off and prepare for bed, so I'll catch you tomorrow should you want to chat :wink:

I shall definitely be back for some more tsr tommorow! see you then :biggrin:
Right guys, I'm off! Catch you all tomorrow! (well, today.)

That sounds like a good idea actually. I'm still a bit tired from the events of yesterday.

Busy day tommorow, so i'll see all you awesome people on Sunday :sexface:

Quick Reply

Latest