The Student Room Group

TSR Class Of 2011 Society MK1

Scroll to see replies

Not very news worthy but I just misheard some lyrics...
(LG Judas) I'm just a horny fool, oh maybe it's so cruel...
:sexface:
Original post by BioFurMatPhyStudent

BTW, how are you? :sexface:

Havn't listened to Gaga in ages.

I have a friend who got me into her, bad influence lol. I think every group has a Gaga obsessed person.
Hey all you sexy people
Lloyds lies! They said you'd get a free mini speaker but you only get the free mini speaker if you're one of the first 2000 people to sign up! And the free music is only free for 14 days so you have to get all your music dowloaded by then and cancel otherwise they'll take your money!
Original post by diamonddust
Lloyds lies! They said you'd get a free mini speaker but you only get the free mini speaker if you're one of the first 2000 people to sign up! And the free music is only free for 14 days so you have to get all your music dowloaded by then and cancel otherwise they'll take your money!

Really?
What conceit hiding this from the webpage about the account

To be fair, neither of these things bother me, but it's the principle lol
Original post by cpdavis
The person who made the comments was Inkc

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1735125&page=19

So I can understand his disappointment, but at the end of the day, the only thing that you need STEP for is to get into university (so it's not like you can put it on your CV) and I think this is the first year that you can appeal your result (although if you are clearly not a couple of marks from the next grade up, then it's almost impossible that your grade will go up by 15ish marks, which is like a full solution with a couple of mistakes)

However, for him to keep going on about a remark I thought was extremely inconsiderate, hence I made my comment.

I need you opinion on the whole situation, if I am in the wrong you can tell me, but at the time I am not sure if I made my comment due to me missing my grades (although I would have probably done the same if I made them)

I think you were in the right! How insensitive of him, especially when from what I understand an S is the highest and the 1 is the second highest and he has no real reason to go through remarking. I mean, I understand wanting to get the highest possible grade but he got into his firm and it's a bit awful to act like it's some great tragedy that he didn't get 2 S marks. And what makes him think the 1 was incorrect? I'd be so annoyed if I'd done STEP and had him saying that, regardless of whether I'd made the offer or not.
:hugs: Try to ignore it if you can?
Original post by AlexInWonderland
Really?
What conceit hiding this from the webpage about the account

To be fair, neither of these things bother me, but it's the principle lol

It really is the principle! I don't really care about the music or the mini speaker but why didn't they put the small print on the webpage? It says it in the booklet you get when you've signed up on page 16. I was wondering why I hadn't had to put my address anywhere for the speakers and then I saw the small print and I was like :mad:. They make it sound so good to lure you in and then you realise the only thing you're getting is a bank account and an NUS card haha
Natwest didn't lie! :rolleyes:
Original post by diamonddust

Natwest didn't lie! :rolleyes:

LOL you sound like your comparing your current partner with your ex or something, not banks...
Haven't been coming here a lot. So how's life going guys? :sexface:
Back from work :sexface:
Now ready for a relaxing (i.e. lazy) afternoon :awesome: as I'm knackered.
Original post by Ultimate1

Original post by DellaLouise

Original post by TimmonaPortella

How's the countdown to Cambz going? :sexface:

Hey :sexface:

Ready for ucl? :sexface: and London freshers? :colone:
How's the countdown to Cambz going? :sexface:

Nicely :sexface:

How about you, with ucl?

Hi :sexface:
Original post by cpdavis
Hey :sexface:

Ready for ucl? :sexface: and London freshers? :colone:

Yo :hi:

Yep ready to rock UCL :colone:. London freshers is gonna be awesome :colone::colone:

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Nicely :sexface:

How about you, with ucl?

Yep I'm ready to rock UCL's boats :colone::sexface:

:hi: :couchpotato:
:hi: :couchpotato:

Afternoon :hat2:
Might watch a film in a bit :colone: I'm fed up of just refreshing my hotmail for my accommodation offer :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest