The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
this was my third attempt at c1 and it was much easier.i went round in a big ol circle for q2 cos i couldnt remember recurrence relations but put a line through the 1,4,1,4, cos i thought it sounded ridiculous but obviously not.the age thing i got a quadratic i couldnt facorise. never mind. theres alwasy summer retakes
Reply 21
I got confused with the second part of Q2. "Find the value of U20" or something. Was looking for something more complicated before I finally realised that it must just mean by inspection.
blackhorse
I got confused with the second part of Q2. "Find the value of U20" or something. Was looking for something more complicated before I finally realised that it must just mean by inspection.
The clue was in the fact it was only one mark - one mark questions usually involve no working out.
Yeah, The 1 mark was more than enough of a clue. One of my friends calculated from U1-U20 to get that mark..
Reply 24
Godsize
One of my friends calculated from U1-U20 to get that mark..

Haha - I bet it was you! :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 25
how did every1 draw the graph on the last question???
Reply 26
how do they wrk out the mark out of a 100. say u get 66 out of the 75.

roughly what is this out of a hundred. is it simply 66 multiplied by 100/75. gives 87.??????????
Reply 27
theonlyone
how do they wrk out the mark out of a 100. say u get 66 out of the 75.

roughly what is this out of a hundred. is it simply 66 multiplied by 100/75. gives 87.??????????

the raw to UMS conversion is not linear
Reply 28
huh can u explain
Reply 29
He means that you can't just take one constant number and multiply the RAW by it to get an UMS mark.

For example, if you got 32/75 and thats 50 UMS, then it doesn't necessarily mean that 64/75 is 100 UMS.

Latest