The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Chemistry (Paper 1)

Heyy, I just had a mock and I’m pretty sure it was the Chemistry Paper 1 from last GCSE (May 2023). Didn’t go too well, honestly. I would just like to ask if someone that took it during May had a periodic table?? I think if mines had one it would’ve been great help but the last few pages were blank - I saw that others noticed the lack of any periodic table too. I know we don’t get any formulas as we’re in the 2024 group, but does that include the periodic table too?? I could be mistaken.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by jayems
Heyy, I just had a mock and I’m pretty sure it was the Chemistry Paper 1 from last GCSE (May 2023). Didn’t go too well, honestly. I would just like to ask if someone that took it during May had a periodic table?? I think if mines had one it would’ve been great help but the last few pages were blank - I saw that others noticed the lack of any periodic table too. I know we don’t get any formulas as we’re in the 2024 group, but does that include the periodic table too?? I could be mistaken.

Thanks!

Heyy,
Sorry I know that this is a bit off-topic. But do you mind telling me any of the questions or topics even?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by gcses.
Heyy,
Sorry I know that this is a bit off-topic. But do you mind telling me any of the questions or topics even?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!

Sure! It won't let me private message as this is a new account, I'm not keen on posting it publicly. Do you have anywhere else I can contact? If not, I'll probs just post regardless.

If you're taking the same exam, good luck! I'm sure you will be fine if your teachers and yourself put enough effort to teach/learn C1-16 (??).

This is the Higher Tier by the way, so I'm not really sure what topics weren't included in the Combined test.
Reply 3
Original post by jayems

Thanks!

hello mate, can you tell me some of the questions
Original post by jayems

Thanks!

it may have been a printing error because pretty sure you get the periodic table in all chemistry exams
Original post by jayems

Thanks!

how was it, I might have had the same paper as you, do u do triple edexcel higher, my mock had six markers on titration and electrolysis I think
Reply 6
Original post by jayems

Thanks!

Hey! Do you mind telling what was on the paper? especially the six marker.

Thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by reatee
Hey! Do you mind telling what was on the paper? especially the six marker.

Thanks!

just had the mock 😭😭 there was a 6 marker on alloys and i can’t remember the other one sorry, but there was also like a 4 marker equation at the end calculating the volume of air or smth it was so hard i defo got it wrony
Reply 8
Original post by _frankieb
just had the mock 😭😭 there was a 6 marker on alloys and i can’t remember the other one sorry, but there was also like a 4 marker equation at the end calculating the volume of air or smth it was so hard i defo got it wrony

there was also a load of questions on titration xx

Quick Reply

Latest