Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

anyone got a physics offer??
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by MeganStacey
Hello :smile:
is anyone here doing languages at all - French and Italian?? OR! Is anyone going to the open day on the 8th Feb?
Got my offer last week of ABB, and I loved Bath as soon as I went, so it'll be great to go back :smile:)

I've applied for French and Italian too!

Haven't got an offer yet though :frown:
Reply 382
Any one here studying Biology there, any conditional offers from the science department?

Any everyone else like me looking forward to going to a great uni.
Original post by Dr. Bassman
I've applied for French and Italian too!

Haven't got an offer yet though :frown:

Ah, someone who's applied for my course! :smile: They've got an open day on the 8th so hopefully you'll be offered before then! :colone:
Are you doing ab initio Italian, or advanced?
Ah, someone who's applied for my course! :smile: They've got an open day on the 8th so hopefully you'll be offered before then! :colone:
Are you doing ab initio Italian, or advanced?

advanced.

Hoping I get an offer soon, they sent an e-mail saying that they'd wait until the ucas deadline (two days ago) so should be soon if I get one :redface:
advanced.

Hoping I get an offer soon, they sent an e-mail saying that they'd wait until the ucas deadline (two days ago) so should be soon if I get one :redface:

I'm doing beginner :smile: I got an offer about 4-5 days before Christmas, so with Christmas hols etc it probably works out about right
Where else have you applied?
I'm doing beginner :smile: I got an offer about 4-5 days before Christmas, so with Christmas hols etc it probably works out about right
Where else have you applied?

Yeah, not many people seem to be doing advanced italian. Applied to Manchester, Warwick, Bristol and Edinburgh but Bath is my first choice. They offer the lowest grades out of the five... so I kind of screwed up the application :tongue:
Yeah, not many people seem to be doing advanced italian. Applied to Manchester, Warwick, Bristol and Edinburgh but Bath is my first choice. They offer the lowest grades out of the five... so I kind of screwed up the application :tongue:

Aha, I've applied to Warwick and Edinburgh also - just waiting on Edinburgh now, but Bath's first choice :smile:
Eek, so you'll have to get 2 A's in French and Italian? Bonne chance! :smile:
Aha, I've applied to Warwick and Edinburgh also - just waiting on Edinburgh now, but Bath's first choice :smile:
Eek, so you'll have to get 2 A's in French and Italian? Bonne chance! :smile:

Grazie, Buona fortuna a te anche... :redface:
Reply 389
I loved Bath so much when I went in September for the Open Day! I got an offer for Spanish and ab initio Italian at the start of December, and its now my first choice uni! Anyone else which that or a similar combo of languages?
Still nothing for pharmacy, not even an interview. Bath, Bath, why do you not return my affections? Perhaps I'm missing something. Maybe I ought to send roses.
Original post by CescaRose
I loved Bath so much when I went in September for the Open Day! I got an offer for Spanish and ab initio Italian at the start of December, and its now my first choice uni! Anyone else which that or a similar combo of languages?

Similar, French and ab initio Italian :redface: you going to the open day on the 8th?

French and Italian :redface:
Reply 393
Similar, French and ab initio Italian :redface: you going to the open day on the 8th?

ah awesome!

no, I can't make it, so my parents want to go to the one at the end of March! Which sucks because I bet loads of people go to the earlier ones!
ah awesome!

no, I can't make it, so my parents want to go to the one at the end of March! Which sucks because I bet loads of people go to the earlier ones!

Aha, I'm sure there'll be some there :smile:
Where else have you applied to?
Reply 395
Aha, I'm sure there'll be some there :smile:
Where else have you applied to?

I had a cambridge interview, but didn't get an offer sadly. which I was actually quite glad about because I really prefer Bath and the course so, things turn out for a reason!
i have an offer from nottingham and im waiting to hear from durham and st andrews, how about you? :smile:
I had a cambridge interview, but didn't get an offer sadly. which I was actually quite glad about because I really prefer Bath and the course so, things turn out for a reason!
i have an offer from nottingham and im waiting to hear from durham and st andrews, how about you? :smile:

Had an interview at Oxford, but similarly didn't get in. I was extremely disappointed though because I was there for 4 days and absolutely loved it! Then again, I loved Bath when I went too, so it's not all lost :smile: which college did you apply to?
I applied to Bath, Warwick and Leicester which I've got offers, but waiting on Edinburgh - you've chosen all the slow uni's! It seems to be the further up North, the longer you wait...O_O which isn't such a bad thing, they wait until the deadline (normally) :smile:, keeps you on your toes
What A-levels are you doing?
Reply 397
Had an interview at Oxford, but similarly didn't get in. I was extremely disappointed though because I was there for 4 days and absolutely loved it! Then again, I loved Bath when I went too, so it's not all lost :smile: which college did you apply to?
I applied to Bath, Warwick and Leicester which I've got offers, but waiting on Edinburgh - you've chosen all the slow uni's! It seems to be the further up North, the longer you wait...O_O which isn't such a bad thing, they wait until the deadline (normally) :smile:, keeps you on your toes

ah bad luck! I applied to Christs college, which Oxford one did you apply to?
hahaha I know! bloody slow unis being slow. it's so nerve wracking, but im content since Bath is my number one.
Which is your number one since you lost oxford?
I'm taking Spanish, French and Philosophy. I dropped History after AS :smile: how about you?

Manchester were super fast, got mine in like a week ro so... and that was in December. Bath are taking their time :frown:
ah bad luck! I applied to Christs college, which Oxford one did you apply to?
hahaha I know! bloody slow unis being slow. it's so nerve wracking, but im content since Bath is my number one.
Which is your number one since you lost oxford?
I'm taking Spanish, French and Philosophy. I dropped History after AS :smile: how about you?

I went for Wadham, which isn't so well known but beautiful :smile: it was the grammar test I had to do that let me down, I get some feedback coming this week so that should be interesting...
I can only sympathise - waiting for Edinburgh is horrible, I'd hate to be waiting for more!
I think Bath is - if Edinburgh offer me a place it's between the 2, it all depends on what they offer me (hopefully not AAA, but extremely likely), what's your insurance?
I'm doing French/English lit/English Lang/History and General Studies, so it's pretty full on :') how come you don't want to do French, if you don't mind me asking? :')

Quick Reply

Latest