Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath 2012 Applicants thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by Quadratic
Another shameless plug for DofE:

Please have a look at our redesigned (front page only at the mo) website!

www.bathstudent.com/dofe

If you're interested in starting/continuing your Gold Award, or have already completed it and want to be a leader, then please get in touch!

I've completed Gold and was mildly depressed after it was done and hoped someone would create a Platinum level or something haha, but then people said you could volunteer and join future expeditions as a leader, which I would looove!!!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by amii12
I've completed Gold and was mildly depressed after it was done and hoped someone would create a Platinum level or something haha, but then people said you could volunteer and join future expeditions as a leader, which I would looove!!!

Awesome we would love to get you involved! There's also opportunities to volunteer at local schools helping them complete theirs if you're interested :smile: And I'm looking at the possibility of running some expeditions for the leaders too, if the ideas popular enough :tongue:
Reply 1402
Original post by megan205
Hi everyone :smile:

I've just had my offer turned unconditional after receiving my IB results. I'm studying Chemistry with Management :smile: Any other chemists on here?

Hey :smile: Other question, how long did it take after you sent in your results for it to change to unconditional? Sent my results in 2 weeks ago.. Thanks!
Original post by CorinnaH
Hey :smile: Other question, how long did it take after you sent in your results for it to change to unconditional? Sent my results in 2 weeks ago.. Thanks!

They usually take a while.
Reply 1404

Mine were done the day after UCAS received results. I did speak to the admissions tutor though so that might have sped it up a bit.
Reply 1405
Original post by karony
Ok. I get it now :smile:
Well, however, the autumn was invented especially for Britain! It's usually very impressive season here. I just hope we'll have nice autumn this year. I assume that Bath must be stunning during that time.

Wish i did get the opportunity for a year out though! Autumn just reminds me of leaves and conkers :bigsmile:
Bath is a lovely city all year round, or so I've heard!!

Original post by Dan H
Yeah I know, hopefully the fact that I applied quite early gives me an advantage but if not then I'll have to go wherever they place me. Ah right, not too far then! I live half way between Worcester and Birmingham. :2euk48l:

I'm sure wherever you are put you'll have a great time! Nice! When do your results get confirmed?
Reply 1406
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
They usually take a while.

Ok thanks! Might call them tomorrow or so just in case :smile:
Original post by Dan H
Yeah I know, hopefully the fact that I applied quite early gives me an advantage but if not then I'll have to go wherever they place me. Ah right, not too far then! I live half way between Worcester and Birmingham. :2euk48l:

I live in Droitwich /stalk :colone:
Reply 1408
Original post by dan_oufc
I'm sure wherever you are put you'll have a great time! Nice! When do your results get confirmed?

Yeah no doubt about it! Well my tutor has already sent my final results off to ucas/edexcel and then they will forward them to the uni, so hopefully fairly soon!
Reply 1409
Original post by Mathematix
I live in Droitwich /stalk :colone:

Haha nice! I'm from Redditch :unimpressed: what course have you applied for?
Reply 1410
Original post by Dan H
Yeah no doubt about it! Well my tutor has already sent my final results off to ucas/edexcel and then they will forward them to the uni, so hopefully fairly soon!

Ah right, good luck with that then! i think i got my BTEC results in mid July last year so I'm sure it won't be too long!
Reply 1411
Original post by dan_oufc
Ah right, good luck with that then! i think i got my BTEC results in mid July last year so I'm sure it won't be too long!

Ah that's reassuring! Thanks alot mate, look forward to meeting you at Freshers!
Reply 1412
Original post by Dan H
Ah that's reassuring! Thanks alot mate, look forward to meeting you at Freshers!

Yes, definitely, I'm sure I'll see you there!
Ok thanks! Might call them tomorrow or so just in case :smile:

Did you speak to them?
Original post by megan205
Hi everyone :smile:

I've just had my offer turned unconditional after receiving my IB results. I'm studying Chemistry with Management :smile: Any other chemists on here?

Hey there! I'll be studying straight Chemistry, hopefully MChem with an industrial placement, but I've done A-Levels, so we'll have to see what happens on the 16th! Great job getting in though! :biggrin:
Reply 1415
Does anyone know when we should arrive at the university? I saw that new student arrivals are on September 22nd and 23rd, Induction and freshers week are from Sept. 24th to Sept.30th. I am wondering if I have to arrive exactly on 22nd or 23rd. Am I going to miss something important, if I arrive on the 25th? It's just that the plane tickets are cheaper then and I don't know which ticket to buy. :confused:
Original post by kvvn93
Does anyone know when we should arrive at the university? I saw that new student arrivals are on September 22nd and 23rd, Induction and freshers week are from Sept. 24th to Sept.30th. I am wondering if I have to arrive exactly on 22nd or 23rd. Am I going to miss something important, if I arrive on the 25th? It's just that the plane tickets are cheaper then and I don't know which ticket to buy. :confused:

Pretty sure you can just phone them up and ask to come on the 25th rather than the weekend. They wont be bothered, loads of people do it.
Steady with the 'oldie'!! I'm 26 but didn't feel too old until reading your posts!!!!I'm doing Education studies from Sept :-)
Reply 1418
Original post by Tantail
Hey there! I'll be studying straight Chemistry, hopefully MChem with an industrial placement, but I've done A-Levels, so we'll have to see what happens on the 16th! Great job getting in though! :biggrin:

Fingers crossed for your results! Let me know how you do - might see you in September :smile:
Original post by kvvn93

Well...I had a similar prob. the ticket prices arnd 21st to 24th are much higher compared to other days... so thats y im flyin on the 17th.... n will stay at my cousins place in london... although u can come in on the 20th n then go to bath on the 22nd.... n yes u will be missing the welcome party... n mostly the tour n stuff that happens on the first 2 days... and since ur an international student... u may applyfor the linc program and if u do it is vital that u attend the welcome party on 24th!!

:biggrin: Hope i helped!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest