The Student Room Group

Man shot dead by police in Barrow

using a taser gun a couple of weeks ago but were there riots following this death ?
Reply 1
Source?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/24/man-dies-taser-arrest-bolton

He wanted to kill himself. Why waste police resources to try and save him?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
"It is thought a concerned relative called police to the house at 8.30pm. Police were told that Hulmes, who was armed with a knife, had locked himself in, was making threats and had begun to stab himself."

A man who stabbed himself in the abdomen has died after being Tasered by police officers.

So are they trying to say he stabbed himself because of being tasered even though he was already stabbing himself or am I just reading this wrong?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by No Future
Source?

Internet

Original post by Aj12
"It is thought a concerned relative called police to the house at 8.30pm. Police were told that Hulmes, who was armed with a knife, had locked himself in, was making threats and had begun to stab himself."

A man who stabbed himself in the abdomen has died after being Tasered by police officers.

So are they trying to say he stabbed himself because of being tasered even though he was already stabbing himself or am I just reading this wrong?

He was probably feeling suicidal, and they used the tasers to disable/disarm him.
Reply 6
Original post by Omar.Ebrahim
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/24/man-dies-taser-arrest-bolton

He wanted to kill himself. Why waste police resources to try and save him?

You seem to be confusing a similar story with the Barrow case
Reply 7
Original post by Aj12

You also seem confused by a similar taser incident
Reply 8
Original post by EveryLittleHelps.
Was he a black man?

I dont think so but looking at a photo he seemed well tanned
Original post by GETREALDOOD
You seem to be confusing a similar story with the Barrow case

Ah ****!!

Here's the Barrow story
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow-taser-death-special-report-1.869307?referrerPath=videos

I think this was police heavy-handedness
Reply 10

I know, but if the media are going to give two different reasons for a death in the same article I have to ask. :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Omar.Ebrahim
Ah ****!!

Here's the Barrow story
http://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow-taser-death-special-report-1.869307?referrerPath=videos

I think this was police heavy-handedness

I think the police should fire nets at crims which would be less harmfull and get them all tied up

But were there any riots or in the other taser incident ?
Reply 12
Original post by Aj12

The post mortem said he died of self inflicted stab wounds, so they're off the hook to anyone with common sense, but you're always going to get the people who say that the police were brutalising him, think of the children etc.
Reply 13
So there we are, the politicians will have to lie about the reasons for the cause of the recent riots, the lefties will lie about the causes.

We ALL know the reason but we are NOT allowed to say the TRUTH and work out a better way to deal wiv it.
Reply 14
It has not yet been established yet how Dale Burns died as the first post mortem results were inconclusive.
There haven't been riots over this, no. Possibly because Barrow is a small town and Dale Burns's mother made it perfectly clear to the community that any such reactions to her son's death would be utterly disrespectful.
No police officers have been suspended over the incident and the family are just waiting patiently for answers, from what I can gather.
Reply 15
Fuxake that does it, Imma go and set my neighbours house on fire.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending