The Student Room Group

i feel like i failed

so last october, i had gotten spiked and my parents didnt believe me- they went thru my phone and found a video of me drinking, we are a non drinking family but it was jus one shot lol, everyone was ****ed, ever since my parents became helicopter parents - having cameras outside my room, location on 24/7 , barely getting to see friends besides in college, 2 months ago i ran away from home, away from all this and the police brought me back home, its been 2 months, i havent seen any of my friends and im sitting home all day until uni starts, i get i caused a lot of pain to my family, but no one saw the pain i had, i jus wanted some independence, they treat me like im a 5 year old kid and always did everything for me, even had access to my bank. i feel like i failed in life im only 18 and idk what to do, does anyone know what i should do
They caused their own pain, you are just trying to enjoy life and they are upset because the rules they want to enforce don't make you happy. If you are able to move out in uni, I'd recommend it. Cameras outside your room is ******* weird and creepy and wrong, you are a person and not their property. You haven't failed in life, your parents failed in being parents. Try and make a plan to move out since you are legally an adult, check on indeed for part time jobs that you could do during uni, you can look for shared flats with other people from uni so it's affordable. The way your parents are acting is not setting you up for the real world and to put it bluntly they are **** parents. I am sorry you were raised by idiots.
Reply 2
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
They caused their own pain, you are just trying to enjoy life and they are upset because the rules they want to enforce don't make you happy. If you are able to move out in uni, I'd recommend it. Cameras outside your room is ******* weird and creepy and wrong, you are a person and not their property. You haven't failed in life, your parents failed in being parents. Try and make a plan to move out since you are legally an adult, check on indeed for part time jobs that you could do during uni, you can look for shared flats with other people from uni so it's affordable. The way your parents are acting is not setting you up for the real world and to put it bluntly they are **** parents. I am sorry you were raised by idiots.

they wont let me move out
Original post by Anonymous
they wont let me move out

That is illegal, you are an adult. It is illegal for them to keep you in their house against your will. It may be best to threaten the police getting involved, I'm not going to tell you to cut them off as you have free will but I do think you will have much more peace in your life if your shitbag parents are no longer in your life
Reply 4
Original post by IDKwhatUsername9
That is illegal, you are an adult. It is illegal for them to keep you in their house against your will. It may be best to threaten the police getting involved, I'm not going to tell you to cut them off as you have free will but I do think you will have much more peace in your life if your shitbag parents are no longer in your life

the police brought me home when i ran away
Original post by Anonymous
the police brought me home when i ran away

Did you tell them that they were trying to stop you leaving the house and also recording you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending