The Student Room Group

Which revolution had the greatest impact on world history?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mevidek
4. Americans are a lot more free than English for example ever have been, and still are.

LOL! Delusional much?
A) Slavery
B) The Confederacy
C) Genocide of the Native Americans
D) Segregation
E) The Second Red Scare
F) Don't Ask, Don't Tell
G) The Patriot Act

Yeah, the English were and still are in awe of America's freedom :rolleyes:
Certainly you're 'free' in America, so long as you aren't Black, Native American, Communist, Homosexual, Arab or Muslim.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Stricof
Not really. The invention of machines, the adoption of the factory system and the use energy (usually in the form of heat/steam) were the main factors that led to this period of industrialisation being called the Industrial Revolution. The Industrial Revolution was a technological revolution and I'm not convinced about the French Revolution laying the groundwork for the period.
Unfortunately you'll find that these kind of retorts are standard for him. :sadnod:

:P As frustrating as it was have a 'debate' with him, it was evident that he had no clear argument based on facts and when challenged on a point just moved without responding :troll: However this has made me look like some venture capitalist who thinks that the sun shines of the Industrial Revolution's proverbial - in reality I believe in 2 or 3 other 'revolutions' which changed the world more, but I've not been shot down on the IR to move on to these yet :P
Reply 42
The Neolithic Revolution - Agriculture allowed us to actually have time to build a civilization and, you know, create a history.
(edited 12 years ago)
SatanIsAwesome
xxx

mevidek
xxx

crocker710
xxx

Stop sniping at eachother :gfight:

Further spam and insults will be binned and warned.
The Green Revolution: food production has improved by 250% since the 1960s and without it we would all probably be dead, starving or impoverished for want of cheaper food. A lot of credit goes to India on this one.

The Information Revolution: probably the most important development in human history, and possibly in the history of the planet, because it's this ongoing revolution which could (will?) eventually lead to a technological singularity and the prospect of us becoming something fundamentally more than we are. We produced as much information last year as we did in the first 250,000 years of our existence.
Reply 45
Original post by Democracy
Stop sniping at eachother :gfight:

Further spam and insults will be binned and warned.

When did I insult anybody?

Or did you mean when I called somebody smug?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mevidek
When did I insult anybody?

Moderation queries go here, I don't want this thread going off topic:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=266

But note I also said "spam" :fyi:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending