The Student Room Group

UK Medical School International Applicants Discussion Megathread 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by mvohra1
got an an interview offer from UEA today. lol but it was in my junk folder.

Congrats! :woo:
Reply 581
Original post by Vulpes
Congrats! :woo:

thanks, where have u applied
Reply 582
Original post by mvohra1
thanks, where have u applied

I'm a first-year medical student :h:
Reply 583
o wow, at what university
Reply 584
Original post by mvohra1
o wow, at what university

University of Sheffield. Btw, quote me if you want a reply next time. :smile:
Reply 585
Interview notice from UEA and Durham!! :woo:

For all Canadian applicants - UEA will come to Toronto to conduct Canadian interviews - but it is totally up to you, as you can choose to do your interview in the UK as well.

I'll have to fly to Newcastle for my Durham interview.... So excited!! :biggrin:

Best wishes for everyone awaiting an interview or offer!
Reply 586
Original post by doctork2

For all Canadian applicants - UEA will come to Toronto to conduct Canadian interviews - but it is totally up to you, as you can choose to do your interview in the UK as well.

I'll have to fly to Newcastle for my Durham interview.... So excited!! :biggrin:

Best wish for your interviews as well :smile:
I think I'm pretty much done :wink:
Reply 587

Congratulations! How did you get your interview notice? From UCAS tracking?
Is anyone flying to the UK for an interview and is hoping to group in an interview for Southampton during the same trip? Do you think the admissions committee would consider these sorts of circumstances? I know they don't want to be rushed into a decision but plane tickets are expensive!
White, what do you mean group in an interview? (like hotel etc?)
Reply 590

Congrats! You've done so much research and I've seen you on almost every medical school site! You deserve this :biggrin:
Reply 591

yess!! whoo hoo!! congrats mate!!
Original post by excalibere
White, what do you mean group in an interview? (like hotel etc?)

I just mean let them know that I am already flying to the UK for an interview... and asking if they were planning to give me an interview around the same time (if I should be so lucky to get one). I was just hoping to make the trip to the UK once instead of twice...
Reply 593
Original post by Metastasis
Congrats on your good interview!!! (I suppose :biggrin:) Could you do me a favour and let me know about how many people were at the NUMed campus interview today? My friend's going to be there too. Just want to know how many internationals are there because they gave me the UK interview and I need to reschedule it sigh :frown: Anyway, ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR NEWCASTLE INTERVIEW :smile:

Thanks man, sadly I had to clear phlegm while I was saying smth (Parade practice drills in the blazing sun followed by a shower gives you a nice cold), after which I kinda lost my train of thought and stoned there a while D:

Well, from what I observed, they were conducting one interview at a time only I think. Each being 25minutes. I thought I was the last interview (3pm) as there was no one after me lol. But this guy from NS told me his was originally at 5, but as he came early and the guy at 430 was late/no-show, he got to have his interview earlier. So probably they did the interviews in 1/2hr slots I guess?

Good luck for your interviews, and rescheduling it as well of course. Try calling them up, it'll probably be quicker I think.
Reply 594
Original post by whiteanenome
I just mean let them know that I am already flying to the UK for an interview... and asking if they were planning to give me an interview around the same time (if I should be so lucky to get one). I was just hoping to make the trip to the UK once instead of twice...

You should wait to get an interview first, before you ask for a time/date change.
Original post by llamelvin
Thanks man, sadly I had to clear phlegm while I was saying smth (Parade practice drills in the blazing sun followed by a shower gives you a nice cold), after which I kinda lost my train of thought and stoned there a while D:

Well, from what I observed, they were conducting one interview at a time only I think. Each being 25minutes. I thought I was the last interview (3pm) as there was no one after me lol. But this guy from NS told me his was originally at 5, but as he came early and the guy at 430 was late/no-show, he got to have his interview earlier. So probably they did the interviews in 1/2hr slots I guess?

Good luck for your interviews, and rescheduling it as well of course. Try calling them up, it'll probably be quicker I think.

Thank you for the information! My friend was in the morning so I guess really few people were there today and I can't believe there are no-shows for such things, LOL. I'll call them up next week if I don't receive a reply soon, sighs.
Original post by .eXe
You should wait to get an interview first, before you ask for a time/date change.

Thanks for replying! I will take your advice. Best of luck!
Congrats again to those getting interviews and offers! Exciting stuff! Hope the interviews haven't been too brutal for those who have had them already. Just try your best to relax prior to interviews and be calm. :smile:
Reply 598
Any other American applicants here? I'm still waiting to hear back from Kings and Southampton. Got rejected from Leicester and Dundee without an interview.
Reply 599
Original post by mRNA
Any other American applicants here? I'm still waiting to hear back from Kings and Southampton. Got rejected from Leicester and Dundee without an interview.

I dont think we're going to hear anything from Southampton anytime soon... I'm not quite sure about the status for Dundee. Someone help him out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending