The Student Room Group

David Lloyd George, Henry Asquith, Neville Chamberlain & Emmeline Pankhurst.

I made a simular thread before but I need to know how these guys helped the UK mainly, what they did, how they shaped today etc.

Here's what I've gathered so far.

David Lloyd George
1906 - Free school meals
1908 - Punishment for anyone abusing their children, including parents making their children beg or sell cigarettes for money.
1908 - Children convicted of crimes go to Borstals and special prisons.
1909 - Laybour exchanges to help people find jobs.
1911 - National Insurance so people can have medical treatements for free.
1911 - Pay for people without work - Dole and pay for people who's sick.

Henry Asquith

Neville Chamberlain
1938 - Nationalisation of coal deposits, so only British people can use our coal.
Introduced Holiday camps for the working camps

Emmeline Pankhurst

Alot of things overlap, for example I found all that about David Lloyd George and he was apparently Chancellor and Asquith was PM so I don't know if it counts as his or Asquith etc -.- I want to drift away from information about the war because our History classes are mixed into different catagories, Nazzi Germany and Uk History 1880 - 1945 so I'd like things that helped Britain, but if that's about the war so be it. I'm not asking to be spoonfed but if you could give me some points to research it'd be much appreciated - for example if I said 'David Lloyd George Social reform' etc.. If you want to spoonfeed me information feel free though :smile:

Any help appreciated.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Bumper Cars :smile:
How can you not have anything on Pankhurst? Just type her into wikipedia :tongue: she was synonymous with the Suffragette movement, which used violence against property to try to win women the vote c.1906-1914. Seriously just get yourself some books on British history or ideally biographies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending