The Student Room Group

The TSR Tamil Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Pisces20
oh wow thats amazing. are you just doing a economics degree or is linked with another course like econ and law for example. cos that would give up more flexibility if you're looking for more career paths.
and Computer science or international business management, but I've recently been considering Charted Accountancy. but still havent made up my mind yet, it all depends on my AS results I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, just Econ. Which may have not been a good idea. :s

Oh wow, that's quite a variance. Are you doing FM?
Original post by senz72
Nope, just Econ. Which may have not been a good idea. :s

Oh wow, that's quite a variance. Are you doing FM?

im sure you can specilise or combine it with something in your 3rd or 4th yr if you want cant you? I dont know lool

Yeah it is a bit of a mixture. and no they dont offer that at Alevels at my sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1382
im sure you can specilise or combine it with something in your 3rd or 4th yr if you want cant you? I dont know lool

Yeah it is a bit of a mixture. and no they dont offer that at Alevels at my sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly I can't. York are a bit stringent on that.

What? How does that work? What about those who want to study Maths, Engineering, Physics and so on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72

What? How does that work? What about those who want to study Maths, Engineering, Physics and so on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wait sorry what did you mean by FM?
I thought it stood for some finance course cos I mentioned wanting to doing accounting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72

and yes they do offer maths, further maths, 3 sciences etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1385
wait sorry what did you mean by FM?
I thought it stood for some finance course cos I mentioned wanting to doing accounting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh whoops, I meant Further Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
Oh whoops, I meant Further Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

duh! how did i not see that FM=furth maths lol sorry
no unfortunately I dont do further maths cos at the time accountancy wasn't even on my mind, only just started considering it recently

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1387
duh! how did i not see that FM=furth maths lol sorry
no unfortunately I dont do further maths cos at the time accountancy wasn't even on my mind, only just started considering it recently

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think you need it for Accountancy, you're more likely to need it for Computer Science if I am correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
I don't think you need it for Accountancy, you're more likely to need it for Computer Science if I am correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah youre right not all unis expect you to have it for computer science but the top ones do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1389
yeah youre right not all unis expect you to have it for computer science but the top ones do

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh whoops. My bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh wow that awsome im still choosing between accounting, international business management and econ.
Haha am I right in guessing that its a 'disappointment' because its not medicine

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you guys are doing something with numbers, I'm not taking any maths or science subjects at A level- I do English literature, History, Spanish and Art- you should see people in Sri Lanka's reactions when they find out I chose these subjects xD It's literally like this:
Reply 1391
Original post by Thistle!
At least you guys are doing something with numbers, I'm not taking any maths or science subjects at A level- I do English literature, History, Spanish and Art- you should see people in Sri Lanka's reactions when they find out I chose these subjects xD It's literally like this:

Those subjects are really difficult. I'm hopeful that most young Tamils won't pull that face.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my goodness that picture made me laugh way too much :') yeah but there are lots of career paths you could go into with those subjects.
and as for the judgmental people, their opinion doesnt matter at the end of the day if you're in a good place with your choices
Reply 1393
Original post by deadshot
Gonna do MSc in mobile applications

Am an average student.! Trying to adopt with mobile development..! I am experienced in web dev
Reply 1394
Original post by deadshot
Am an average student.! Trying to adopt with mobile development..! I am experienced in web dev

Quoted yourself there mate.
And I'm sure you're an exceptional student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true. Its either three sciences or double maths and a science. More than 70% of my class do three sciences...that's totally weird to us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just giving some life to the tamil society with this reply.
Kings or Manchester? Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1398
Original post by GrandMasterChe
Kings or Manchester? Help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your priorities and see which fares out better?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
What are your priorities and see which fares out better?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do well in my degree, get a lot out of the subject and extra curricular (societies, football, try new stuff) and have a great time. I think kings offers the most for my degree (politics) as there's loads of talks lectures in London held in kings, ucl lse with interesting guest speakers. But i hear that a fair amount of London student go home/relatives house for the weekend? Not sure how true this is but it puts me off as it takes away from the social aspect, and Manchester is supposed to have a great social reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest