The Student Room Group

gcse art 2024 finals

For the theme 'celebrations' I'm not sure of what else could be used. It says to interpret it ourselves or use a prompt, but all I can really think about is religious or cultural celebrations and just like birthdays and weddings. Some help please? I am tamil so I could do a celebration of tamil culture one but really, i dont think that enough events are happening for me to go and take pictures and annotate and prepare a final piece all by march or april
Original post by priceydoritos
For the theme 'celebrations' I'm not sure of what else could be used. It says to interpret it ourselves or use a prompt, but all I can really think about is religious or cultural celebrations and just like birthdays and weddings. Some help please? I am tamil so I could do a celebration of tamil culture one but really, i dont think that enough events are happening for me to go and take pictures and annotate and prepare a final piece all by march or april

Hi @priceydoritos

I think you've got the great foundations for your project with thinking about a celebration, especially if you focus on one relevant to you. Adding a personal touch can help you get more research and also helps you feel more involved in your work.

If you're still unsure, maybe you can dig a little deeper. Try searching online for connotations or synonyms of "celebrations" to see if there are any other words that spark some ideas. When I read your post, I though about Celebrations - the chocolates! So maybe you could take it down a food study/still life route? Or think of celebrations like you mentioned above...maybe birthdays, and you could look at your own birthday celebrations year by year as a project on how you've aged, or grown up?

Hopefully these examples might have inspired you a bit more! And to realise that it's okay to also delve a little bit deeper or take a different outlook on the exam brief.

Best of luck!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @priceydoritos

I think you've got the great foundations for your project with thinking about a celebration, especially if you focus on one relevant to you. Adding a personal touch can help you get more research and also helps you feel more involved in your work.

If you're still unsure, maybe you can dig a little deeper. Try searching online for connotations or synonyms of "celebrations" to see if there are any other words that spark some ideas. When I read your post, I though about Celebrations - the chocolates! So maybe you could take it down a food study/still life route? Or think of celebrations like you mentioned above...maybe birthdays, and you could look at your own birthday celebrations year by year as a project on how you've aged, or grown up?

Hopefully these examples might have inspired you a bit more! And to realise that it's okay to also delve a little bit deeper or take a different outlook on the exam brief.

Best of luck!
Emily
Student Rep at BCU 🙂

Thank you so much :smile:)
Reply 3
hi, could anyone help me to find some artists for my gcse art theme celebration, i cant find any good ones and have to do pastiches on their work.

Quick Reply

Latest