The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jellybean91

I'm feeling a bit, erm, well, homeless tonight :frown: I hate sharing a room! My roommate cheated on her bf last night so shes been pretty miserable and constantly talking to him, so i feel like i cant be in my room! (didnt go to bed last night until 6am cos i didnt want to disturb her, so sat on skype to the boy instead after he got in from his night out) I feel like I need to give her space, so i went and stayed in dans room tonight and just chilled there, but i've been chucked out of there now cos he wanted to go to bed :frown: so now im sat on my balcony, feeling like i cant go in and go to bed... i just want to talk to the boy about it but hes off doing freshers stuff!

Jellyyyy! You're too lovely for your own good!
And it's not doing you any good either. Don't let someone elses problem make you suffer. If we all did that we'd not have time to sort out our own issues.

I hope you don't mind me saying but it's really silly you didn't go to bed til 6am...the only one who gets anything out of that is you and not in a good way!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You know what i'm really missing right now? Privacy, and a sense that a room is my own!! Oh and also breakfast! I havent had a proper breakfast in 2 weeks!! I never don't have breakfast! Why the hell would you not give 200 people a few kitchens if you're not going to provide one of the 3 meals a day!!

I think I'd miss that the most, well after Ben. Oh and good tea.
I love having my own space, moving into this flat has been brilliant so far.

No anti-italianism meant but they don't seem all that organised about certain things i.e. your food arrangements. And I thought Italians were supposed to love good food!

Yeh same... after Nath :smile: there just some times when you want to be alone but I have no where to retreat to!
haha dont make me more jealous :tongue:

Yeh so did I! Part of the reason I was excited to come here was for the food!! I wanted someone to teach me to cook but no luck! Yeh theyre not organised in the slightest... I still havent paid for my accommodation and no one seems to care :dontknow:

Hold onto it until they ask for it. You never know, they might never ask for it :biggrin:
Are there any places you can find that do cookery classes or something? Does the uni there provide that sort of thing?

You know what i'm really missing right now? Privacy, and a sense that a room is my own!! Oh and also breakfast! I havent had a proper breakfast in 2 weeks!! I never don't have breakfast! Why the hell would you not give 200 people a few kitchens if you're not going to provide one of the 3 meals a day!!

It;s silly but seems to be a very common problem in Italy. A lot of my friends experienced the no breakfast problem too. Some ended up going to nearby cafes most days for breakfast and the rest resorted to bread with nutella and fruit (which is more or less my usual breakfast anyway, bread with either peanut butter or nutella so I'd adapt easily!)
Original post by Stray_talk
How far is your LDR?
Ben & Jerry's is currently setting me right. Had a bit of a sad moment earlier but icecream does wonders! And the thought that I get to see Ben on our anniversary and only two days after his birthday :smile:

Glasgow to London in term, Cambridge to Lincoln in holidays, so at least we're always long distance and will adjust I guess!
Ice cream does indeed do wonders, I'm going to cook a cake tomorrow so I can gorge on that...he'll just have to deal with me getting fatter till I next see him :colondollar:

Aww what anniversary is this? You doing anything special?

I'm feeling a bit, erm, well, homeless tonight :frown: I hate sharing a room! My roommate cheated on her bf last night so shes been pretty miserable and constantly talking to him, so i feel like i cant be in my room! (didnt go to bed last night until 6am cos i didnt want to disturb her, so sat on skype to the boy instead after he got in from his night out) I feel like I need to give her space, so i went and stayed in dans room tonight and just chilled there, but i've been chucked out of there now cos he wanted to go to bed :frown: so now im sat on my balcony, feeling like i cant go in and go to bed... i just want to talk to the boy about it but hes off doing freshers stuff!

:jumphug:

Yes she needs space, but that shouldn't be at detriment to you. She should be going to find space, not the other way round!
Hi guys, just popping in to see how you all are. I moved in yesterday and last night wasn't too bad because Andy stayed over but he's just gone home and I can't stop crying. I hate being on my own, it's making me feel really low. I also don't have a phoneline in here which means I'll have to cancel my Sky internet and phone thing tomorrow and might need to set something up with Virgin instead - something to do with cables under the road etc. I've only got internet now because I'm in some BT Openzone place so I can pay for it by the day which I did so I could watch iPlayer and talk to people. I'm so lonely and I just want to go home and I really really miss my cats. I've never lived on my own before and it's horrible. I feel so rubbish. I need hugs.
Original post by hbandtr4eva
Hi guys, just popping in to see how you all are. I moved in yesterday and last night wasn't too bad because Andy stayed over but he's just gone home and I can't stop crying. I hate being on my own, it's making me feel really low. I also don't have a phoneline in here which means I'll have to cancel my Sky internet and phone thing tomorrow and might need to set something up with Virgin instead - something to do with cables under the road etc. I've only got internet now because I'm in some BT Openzone place so I can pay for it by the day which I did so I could watch iPlayer and talk to people. I'm so lonely and I just want to go home and I really really miss my cats. I've never lived on my own before and it's horrible. I feel so rubbish. I need hugs.

:hugs:
:hugs: Kat
My LDR totally depends on light, it's pissing me off.
I don't get it :colondollar:

:hugs: x 239824!!
I felt the exact same thing when I first moved in and felt like all I wanted to do was go back home. That soon changed :smile: I've been so busy with work and setting up the flat I've not noticed that I'm on my own. Plus, I'm really enjoying the space!!
Give it time :smile:
Original post by kiss_me_now9
I don't get it :colondollar:

LDR = light dependent resistor used in circuits.
Some physics joke :tongue:
Kat :hugs:. I'm sorry you're not enjoying it, but once you're settled and everything is organised and set up, then maybe you'll be happier. I guess it's all just a massive change and not something you're used to, so it's normal to feel this way. I don't know what to suggest, just provide lots of :hugs: and hope it gets better for you.

My dinner looks like a dog puked it up :nothing:

EDIT: aaaaand it doesnt taste much better either :sad:

What is it? :s-smilie:

:hugs: Everyone feels like that when they are on their own, especially when things aren't set up properly yet. Will take some getting used to but then you willl be fine. Being alone might make you feel low but remember how low you often felt when living with your family.
Think I deserve some sort of 'Bad Girlfried' award this weekend.

I alternated between getting mad at him, and not wanting to be touched, to being really clingy, and not letting him get away from me. Ended up crying on Saturday night because we couldn't get the new blow up bed to inflate.

I'm really stressed about going back to uni, and I took it out on him, which was really stupid, especially since now we're back to seeing each other every two weeks (I know other people do way longer, and I feel bad for moaning, but we haven't spent longer than 5 days apart for the last 2.5 months)

Meh.
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];34099722']Think I deserve some sort of 'Bad Girlfried' award this weekend.

I alternated between getting mad at him, and not wanting to be touched, to being really clingy, and not letting him get away from me. Ended up crying on Saturday night because we couldn't get the new blow up bed to inflate.

I'm really stressed about going back to uni, and I took it out on him, which was really stupid, especially since now we're back to seeing each other every two weeks (I know other people do way longer, and I feel bad for moaning, but we haven't spent longer than 5 days apart for the last 2.5 months)

Meh.

I've cried at Andy because he made my pot noodle wrong once. Trust me, we've all done that! :colondollar:

Have a nice bath and relax :hugs:
Hey everyone, :hugs: for everyone having a not too great time.

Marc's just left again after a flying 24hr visit. We went to meet a couple of people I work with and ended up making a night of it, went home around midnight. Although it meant that we didnt have proper sex (tried last night but we'd both had a few drinks and were un-coordinated and knocked over a lamp that then broke, and my 9 year old brother was in the next room this morning). I think in 8 and a half months that's the first visit without it, kinda gutted and will be dying to see him by Friday :lol:

5 days of work to go before my weekend off and Marc's friends' wedding reception. Lots of work drama as well just now but at least I get on really well with a few of them (just one old bitch who has me biting my tongue to stop myself shouting at her smugness and irritating-ness)
Thanks for the hugs people :smile:

:hugs: sorry youre not looking forward to going back to uni! I'm sure the boy understands that :smile: when do you leave?

I'm not going back for another two weeks. I'm just not (really) seeing the boy next weekend - he's going to gaming convention in London with some friends, so I'll see him briefly when he drops his car at mine, and when he picks it up (they're going to drive to mine, then get the tube form there, cause it's much cheaper than getting the train into London from Northampton)

Thing is, I was really looking forward to going back until about 3 days ago when all the drama started. Freddie (housemate who's been kicked out) still isn't sure what he's going to do, but it's looking unlikely that he'll continue living in Durham (especially since he's got a girlfriend in his hometown). Plus, I don't think Danny's been told about Dave and Victoria going out. When I asked Dave about it, he was really vague, and said he'd tell him 'this week-ish'. So I'm really worried that it's just going to be forgotten about.

So if Danny doesn't take it well, I'm going to be living in a house with two people who don't get on. And I'm really worried about what'll happen with Freddie's room - I really don't want to end up with some random person living there...

I was already stressed about the workload of third year (especially my dissertation), and going to back to being 'proper' LD with the boy, but I felt like I could cope with it, cause I didn't have to worry about the house situation, and it was going to be great.

Sorry, ended up with a massive rant there.

EDIT: Just been texting Victoria. She's planning on telling Danny face to face at some point next week. She's also spoken to Freddie - apparently, he's staying in Durham only until he can find a replacement for the room. Which means some randomer moving in. Really don't want to live with a stranger. Really, really, REALLY don't.

I feel like crying right now, tbh. I'm now looking at the prospect of spending next year living with two people who don't get on, and someone I don't know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Danielle89

Original post by Danielle89
Hey everyone, :hugs: for everyone having a not too great time.

Marc's just left again after a flying 24hr visit. We went to meet a couple of people I work with and ended up making a night of it, went home around midnight. Although it meant that we didnt have proper sex (tried last night but we'd both had a few drinks and were un-coordinated and knocked over a lamp that then broke, and my 9 year old brother was in the next room this morning). I think in 8 and a half months that's the first visit without it, kinda gutted and will be dying to see him by Friday :lol:

That is comedy gold :grin: Kind of thing you'd see on Friends or something :lol:

Latest