The Student Room Group

What do you think TSR is missing? 2024 EDITION

Well roughly a year ago I started a thread called "What do you think TSR is missing?". I feel as if a lot of people used it to share their opinions about TSR as a platform, so I have decided to renew the thread for 2024. So, go forth and share your opinion on what TSR is missing in the year of 2024... :h:
Reply 1
a dark mode, my eyes are dying looking at this at 2am
Reply 2
also this site has managed to become a barren wasteland since 1 year ago so sadly this thread probably won't achieve the same success as the last :frown:
back room shoutbox :ninjagirl: :moon:
Being able to remove the awful colours of the new update
Reply 5
Original post by jisvngxstay
Being able to remove the awful colours of the new update

It's definitely a strange choice, I have to admit. Also odd considering I think there are some other things they should change first.
Reply 6
Original post by souffle101
also this site has managed to become a barren wasteland since 1 year ago so sadly this thread probably won't achieve the same success as the last :frown:

Yeah, I struggle to stay engaged on here sometimes. It's a shame because I remember there being quite an active community...
A skull in the top right hand corner, to remind me whether the spell Wizard Eye is currently active or not. Might and Magic VIII is a good example of this feature being implemented to perfection.

(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by AngryJellyfish
A skull in the top right hand corner, to remind me whether the spell Wizard Eye is currently active or not. Might and Magic VIII is a good example of this feature being implemented to perfection.

I'm sure they'll add it one day...
good chat
Everything that was good during the 2018-2020 era.
The new logo and purple-orange coulour scheme is very annoying.
Reply 11
Original post by ohyegodsmyroast
good chat

Yeah, the current one is kinda outdated tbh
Reply 12
Original post by londonmyst
Everything that was good during the 2018-2020 era.
The new logo and purple-orange coulour scheme is very annoying.

All things must change, just a shame that TSR seems to be heading in a very strange direction. It seems like the new focus is on complete utility and the sense of community is being left to the way-side.
I think most Internet forums are reaching this fate though, as most people just don't use them to chat anymore. Honestly, I feel like this is a shame, because forums allow for a stronger sense of togetherness and fun - I can't really think of anything else comparable to it really.
Reply 13
I just want signatures back man, is that so difficult .
TSR seems to be missing a lot of its former usability and it also lacks a decent colour scheme. And that’s not even the limit of what’s missing.

Frankly TSR has gone downhill since “react” was brought out and I don’t see it recovering. Fingers crossed that the devs see sense and take steps that will actually fix the mess they’ve made of this website, rather than implement more horrendous changes.
Reply 15
I'm not sure I Iike the TSR takeover remodel?
Preloved went down the same route - it's now just a commercial ad site rather than a vibrant reliable community.

It just doesn't feel the same and I haven't posted as much because of it
Original post by souffle101
a dark mode, my eyes are dying looking at this at 2am

This except I don’t use dark mode (unless my phone auto-sets it).
A functioning and proper ignore list/block feature, I keep hammering this point home and this was first brought up at least 3 years ago.

Reddit and the hot garbage known as X and TikTok do better, I think (you can block whoever you want AFAIK and the block function is actually good).

I rarely if ever block people (I’ve had people block me though) as I don’t like taking that route out.
Original post by TypicalNerd
TSR seems to be missing a lot of its former usability and it also lacks a decent colour scheme. And that’s not even the limit of what’s missing.

Frankly TSR has gone downhill since “react” was brought out and I don’t see it recovering. Fingers crossed that the devs see sense and take steps that will actually fix the mess they’ve made of this website, rather than implement more horrendous changes.

This point as well. That being said I love the new colour scheme on showthread 2 (React looks better in blue in my opinion but I still like the purple regardless as it’s my second favourite colour in front of blue and behind pink).

I’m now more purple and colour coordinated than ever as of posting.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest