The Student Room Group

Long Distance Relationship: Texting

Long story short, I'm in a long distance relationship with my partner of 8 months. He's beautiful, amazing and adores my family. We haven't seen each other in 8 months and its getting pretty hard.

Every now and again (every few days) his communication gets really ****. He won't text me till about 7pm, 8pm, even 10pm at night. I work part time as well as doing university full time, yet still find time to text when I'm on break at work, or getting the bus to uni in the morning.

I want to clarify that I do not need him to text me constantly - that's obsessive and asking for too much. All I need is a lil 'Hi, morning, I love you' and that's me sorted for the day.

My issue is that: I know he's on his phone. He's active on Discord, Instagram, and I even see him texting in other group chats when I've texted him hours before.

I can't help but feel forgotten about. I love him to death and he's a lovely, caring guy, but is it asking for too much for a bit of communication.

Rant over - much love!
Have you ever really met or spent time together beyond a LDR? As you say you've been together 8 months and haven't seen him in 8 months - bluntly is this a serious relationship or not? that would have a lot of bearing on whether I expected daily texts or not.
Reply 2
It is - we've seen each other twice. I've known him for two years. It is 100% serious. LDR relationships are still serious relationships.
Reply 3
And apologies, that was a typo - we saw each other 5/6 months ago, in August

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending