The Student Room Group

Is falling in love with someone

You have not met in real life yet but know for over a year online and through video calling and talking, texting, etc needy or like weird to you?
Reply 1
Original post by Mohammed_80
That’s the whole purpose of long distance relationships so you define if it’s needy or weird. How else do you make one work if virtual and digital communication is required… eventually at some point yes you guys will need to meet face to face yet how is that needy or weird it’s just showing you have more care, desire and affection to meet the person more giving more added room of thought it doesn’t make it weird in any sense :dontknow:

Usually, long distance relationships work the other way around. You meet someone irl then they have to move away so you do that bit of online communication etc. I'm askin' about the reverse essentially. Loving someone you have not met yet but have spent considerable time talking to online.
Original post by Anonymous
Usually, long distance relationships work the other way around. You meet someone irl then they have to move away so you do that bit of online communication etc. I'm askin' about the reverse essentially. Loving someone you have not met yet but have spent considerable time talking to online.

Ah I see well since you guys have spent considerable amount of time online that’s a bit iffy one are they who they are? Are you able to trust them?
Reply 3
It wouldn't be me. I couldn't build full trust just online
You have not met in real life yet but know for over a year online and through video calling and talking, texting, etc needy or like weird to you?

It's definitely possible. I have a friend that fell in love with someone they met online and talked to frequently and he ended up moving to their country a few years later. It might be difficult to sustain a relationship but if you really trust each other then it's not needy or weird at all - there are naturally difficulties but you can get over them with effort.
I was in your position 18 months ago.

In December 2020 I met someone and we were both in love by October 2021. We spent hours talking, playing games etc. Sometimes we video called, sometimes it was just text. We were aware of the challenges surrounding long distance, but we both promised to meet up regularly and that if we did break up, we would remain friends.

We broke up 3 months ago. She had been lying to me the whole time.

She had some fairly significant family problems, that I was not made aware of before we started dating. These problems made us meeting up almost impossible, or even just having an online date night impossible.

She also never intended for us to meet up. She just wanted experience dating a man her age, before actually dating someone in person (she had only been with women before me). Sure enough, 3 weeks after we broke up she said she had moved on.

She also has completely backed out on the staying friends aspect. She kicked me from all of our mutual group chats with mutual friends, whom have all left me since.

She came on a holiday to the UK and stayed 2 hours from my house, but we still didn't meet up. Whenever I tried to go there, I was shut down.

We broke up because distance was too hard for her ...

LDRs can work. I was completely invested. But make sure your partner is too. LDRs are amazing things and incredibly rewarding. Just don't get stuck like I did.
Reply 6

It's said an indication of someone's true character is how they interact with other people, especially service staff. If you haven't been out for a meal with them and seen how they behave to the restaurant employees, you don't really know them.
Yea far too easy to fall in love with an idea rather than the actual person.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending